Facebook Badge

Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!







Hi Friends!

I'm sorry that I haven't blogged for quite a while as we were having computer issues. Bill upgraded our computer, and we had some technical difficulties. But, it's back up again -- so I'm in business! This past week seemed to speed by. On Thursday, we had Open House at Hillside, which is Molly's middle school. I went with her, and that seemed really important to her. In the beginning of the year, I was too sick, and as a result I hadn't been able to meet most of her teachers. So, it was nice to finally get the chance.

On Friday, after home-schooling I went grocery shopping. Then in the evening, Bill came and picked me up and we went out on a date. Shirlene picked up Nate and Isaac for their usual Friday night sleep-over. And Annie came over to get the older kids and treated them to dinner at Islands and dessert at Baskin-Robbins. They were watching Madagascar 2 when we got home. I really feel that we and our kids are blessed to have such caring friends!

Bill and I met some of his friends from work at a movie theater in Camarillo. It was opening night for the Star Trek movie. I enjoyed the movie, but those trekkies are really hard-core! Some of them were even dressed up like Spock with the ears, etc. One of Bill's colleagues was the first person in line. He got there at 5:30 p.m. for the 7 p.m. show. So, we got good seats thanks to him! After the movie, Bill and I went our own way to spend some time alone. We went to dinner at SoupPlantation. It was nice to get some time together.

On Saturday, we all seemed to have a busy day. In the morning -- we all had preparations to do. Cameron cut the lawn, Bill got the pool ready, and I made the cake and did decorations for Molly's swimming birthday party. The other kids and Brandon helped. Bill also needed to print out flyers for the Boy Scouts because they were participating in the Simi Valley Street Fair on Saturday. Bill and Cameron did the Street Fair from 12-6 p.m. Bill manned the booth, and Cameron worked on garbage detail. They pay the Scouts to do that on an hourly basis. The more they make and have in their account, the less we have to pay for things like summer camp. So, of course, we like Cameron to work at events like this as much as possible. He had a good time, and he came home with a green anole lizard, which he bought for only $5. Her name is Alex, short for Alexandra. We have spent the weekend building her habitat and observing her. She's a lot of fun to watch. Very fast and very acrobatic!

Molly had a nice pool party with 4 girlfriends, and then of course -- all of us and her neighborhood friends. It was from 1-4 p.m. She had a pink, strawberry theme with strawberry cake and pink lemonade, etc.

By the time the girls all left, Brandon got picked up, and Bill and Cam got home -- it was time to go to Saturday night church. After church, I made dinner and went to bed before the kids. I am still struggling with fatigue, but it's getting a little bit better.

I slept until noon today, and I am currently still in my PJs, so I am definitely having a nice Mother's Day. I got some lovely roses in a beautiful vase from my family, so that was very nice.
I also got a special letter from Cam, my 16 year old autistic son, which reads --

Dear Mom,

I love you and several things about you. To start with you are fun. You also enjoy anything I make even if it doesn't look as good as everyone else's made products. I hope you have a a great Mother's Day. I hope you enjoy my letter.

Your loving son, Cameron.

P.S. I love your garden.

And he hugged me today! It doesn't get much better than that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, today we're just vegging out. I think my family will make dinner for me. And we're planning on going swimming and then watching my two favorite movies -- Chicken Little and the Brady Bunch!
Right now I'm going to shower, and then I'll go and hang out with the kids. Bill was up early this morning, so he is taking a short nap.

Much Love,
Michele







No comments: