Facebook Badge

Saturday, July 18, 2009

T.G.I.F. AND T.G.I.S.

Hi Friends!

Well, yesterday it was "Thank God it's Friday!" Bill had the day off and I was going stir-crazy. I had been largely stuck at home and sick for a week! So, we got up in the morning, and we went out to eat as a family at Denny's for breakfast. After that we spent several hours bowling at Brunswick. It was a bit tiring for me, but all in all it was nice to get out as a family. In the afternoon, the kids hung around the house and played with the neighbor kids. It's been 100 degrees outside, so they've been swimming most days! I actually managed to do the laundry, balance my checkbook, and go grocery shopping. So, it was a productive day!

We went to bed late last night, and then slept in. Today it was "Thank God it's Saturday!" At noon, Bill woke me up and told me he was taking Nate, Isaac, and Molly to the beach on base. He needed to stop by work and pick up his lap-top computer, and it worked out well because the kids have been begging to go back to that beach. It's not really like I can take them as I'm supposed to stay out of the sun! So, it was nice that Bill took them today. Again temperatures were hovering near 100 degrees, so it was a great BEACH DAY!!! Cameron didn't want to go, so he and I hung out at home.

I decided to take our recycling in as we had two HUGE bags full! So, it was really hot and time-consuming to do that, but I did make over $15, which I'm planning to use for Isaac/Bill's pizza birthday dinner tomorrow. I also stopped by the bank to cash checks that had been sent for the same birthdays. And I took money out of the ATM for Isaac's birthday money. Since, I've been so sick this year -- we've been giving cold, hard cash to the kids for their birthdays and Christmas. They get a $100 to spend any way they choose, and it seems to make them as happy as presents would!

So, after running my errands I came home, and Cameron wanted to watch TV with me. He said I looked bad, and he made me drink some water. My kids have become very nurturing to me. Well, that was at about 1:30. Apparently, I fell asleep on the sofa almost immediately with Itty Bitty Kitty as my snugglebunny! I woke up around 5:30 when the Beach Bunnies came home. They had a great time at the beach! They all had showers to wash off their sandy bodies, and then we did chores and had dinner. Now, Cam, Molly, and I are relaxing. And Bill and the boys are outside cutting down tree branches in the backyard. We have a huge forest back there, so it's a never-ending job. But the boys really enjoy working with Bill, especially because they're allowed to use small saws to cut up the branches that he cuts down with the chain saw! Here's hoping nobody loses a finger.

Tomorrow, we'll go to church. And then we're planning a swimming/pizza birthday party for Bill and Isaac's birthdays. We are going to Hurricane Harbor (a water park) on Friday to have a real celebration. Isaac is bringing his best friend, Will, along. So, everyone is excited about that!

I am doing chemo on Monday. Bill is going to take me, so that we can spend some "quality time" together before he leaves on a business trip to Texas. He's leaving Monday evening, and he will be coming back Wednesday night. Don't worry -- I still have Annie, Judi, and Shirlene + the kids to take care of me. In fact, they're worried about him taking me to chemo. Shirlene was already telling him that he needs to promise to take good care of me, re: bring tic tacs, hold my hand, take me out for lunch, etc. Too Funny!

I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow of the birthday celebration. Bill is now 41, and my youngest child, Isaac, turns 7 tomorrow! Time really flies!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: