Facebook Badge

Sunday, July 19, 2009

HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY, ISAAC JOHN!!!






Hi Friends!
Today was Isaac's 7th Birthday, so we had a joint celebration for him and Bill (whose birthday was last Sunday on the 12th). We didn't do anything big -- just had Little Caesar's pizza and a Baskin Robbin's ice cream cake. Will and Heather (the kids' friends from next door) came over and everyone went swimming. Temperatures were in the 100s today, so the pool felt great! With the solar heater going, it's like a giant hot tub today.
The pictures show Isaac and the kids swimming. He also went to Target to spend some of his birthday money today. He bought that snazzy new bike, and I got him the helmet. You know how Moms are -- always thinking about safety! Currently he, Will, and Nate are outside riding bikes. The Scooby Doo towel was a gift from Molly (bought generously for Isaac with her own allowance), so she wanted a photo of that on my blog, too.
Besides partying with the kids, I spent a large part of the day out running errands. First, we went to Target to let Isaac spend some of his birthday money. Then, after bringing him home, Molly, Cam, and I went to Ross and then Wal-Mart on a search for a swimsuit for me. I need one before Friday as we're planning a trip to Hurricane Harbor. You'd think that it would be easy to find a swimming suit in July in California, but it was harder than you'd expect. I finally found something at Wal-Mart that I was happy with. We also picked up some new beach towels for everyone. And then we went to Baskin-Robbins and Little Caesar's for birthday food.
Heather and Will are spending the night tonight. Then tomorrow morning, they will all head over to Judi's while I do chemo. I am looking forward to finally getting this round done and over with! Bill is leaving for Texas tomorrow afternoon.
I'll try and blog tomorrow, or maybe Annie or Molly can send out an update!
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: