Facebook Badge

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

MY GRANDPA DIED!

Hi Friends!

I'm sorry I didn't blog yesterday. I've been busy. I was told yesterday that my Grandpa Twohig (my Dad's father) passed away Tuesday morning. He was 98 years old, and he lived a long, full life. So, I am happy for him because I know that he is in a better place. But as a child, some of my fondest memories happened at my Grandma and Grandpa's house -- as well as at their medical office. They were the town doctor and nurse and ran their own clinic. So, I really wanted to go to Wisconsin and say goodbye to my last grandparent. My other grandparents have been dead for many years.

We have great friends who are going to watch the kids while we're gone. Bill and I decided that just the two of us will go as last-minute ticket prices were pricey. But this is the kind of thing you can't put a pricetag on. We also aren't staying very long -- we'll leave tomorrow afternoon and get in at about midnight. The visitation is Friday from 4-7 p.m. and the funeral mass is at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday. We are staying with Bill's parents. We will come home Monday morning, and we will be back here in Simi by Monday afternoon.

So, plans are set up. This afternoon Annie and I are going dress shopping as I need something to wear for the funeral. I'll blog more later (I'd like to do some of my memories of Grandpa!), but for right now -- I need to do a few things around the house before my fashion advisor shows up.
Molly is going along with us as well. She never turns down an opportunity to shop even if it's for someone else!

Much Love,
Michele

1 comment:

Candi said...

We send you our sympathies. Have safe trip.

Love,Candi