Facebook Badge

Saturday, July 25, 2009

FAMILY FUN AT HURRICANE HARBOR :-)












Dear Friends!
We had a lot of fun at Hurricane Harbor yesterday. We left a little later than planned as we had trouble getting up and Shirlene (with Brandon and Nate) also got caught in traffic on her way into Simi. But once we left, we made really good time, and we were to Hurricane Harbor by 10:15. (It opened at 10.) We ate donuts and drank juice boxes in the truck on our way to Valencia for our breakfast, and that worked out well.
When we got there, the kids headed right for the wave pool. We spent a lot of time there! I actually went on one majorly large slide with Brandon, Molly, and Isaac. It was more intense than I planned for -- the water pressure inside the enclosed tube was really harsh and ended up hurting me quite a bit. Plus we were in a line for quite a while, and we had to climb up LOTS of steps to get to the top. So, I decided after that -- one water slide was enough for me! But at least doing one made me feel like a semi-normal person! The kids, of course, loved it and went on many more. But, I largely sat in my wheelchair or on a lounge chair (which was better for me and my feet as they were up!) and watched all of the kids have fun. I did get on an innertube and float in the lazy river for a while, too -- and that was fun, but I had to watch my sun exposure. I did have a huge umbrella (provided by Shirlene) that I used over the wheelchair or lounge chair -- and that helped quite a bit.
The kids had a great time, and we stayed until closing time. All the kids loved the slides except Will, but he finally found one he liked on the kiddie playground -- and that made him very proud of himself. As far as favorites --Isaac and Will really liked the wave pool and two kids' playgrounds, Cameron loved the lazy river, Nate and Molly and Bill liked a slide called the Tornado, and Brandon liked the slide that caused me pain ( I can't remember its name!) I really liked the lazy river, and I just enjoyed watching the kids have fun!!!
At about 2 p.m. we went out to the truck and had lunch. We were all filled up and enjoyed our roast beef sandwiches, chips, brownies, and jello. We also had soda to hype us up. After that we were re-energized to go back into the park until it closed at 7 p.m. Since I have a handicapped parking placard, we were able to park fairly close to the park -- so that was nice.
By the time we left Hurricane Harbor, it was around 8 p.m. We, of course, had to stop and buy some souveneir pictures that they had taken of us. Then, on the way home, we stopped at Burger King for dinner. All those boys were very hungry! We bought everyone a meal, and then we went back for more because the kids were still hungry! It was pretty funny!
We were home by 9:30 p.m., and Will and Brandon both spent the night at our house. Of course, Bill and I were both more tired than the kids, so we headed off to bed and told the kids not to stay up too late.
I woke up today after noon, and everyone was just doing their own thing. Brandon went home early at around 1 p.m. since it was his actual birthday today. And, this afternoon Judi called and had Isaac and Will come over there. She said she wanted to see Will since we had him for the past 48 hours or so. Isaac just came back home around 9 p.m. after having dinner at their house. He was invited to spend the night, but since I've been doing chemo again, he prefers to spend nights at home. He seems a bit overly attached to me again. But, I think it will pass as I make it through these rounds of chemo and return to a more healthy state. Only 4 more left!!!
Bill took the other kids to church with him at 5:30 tonight. I elected not to go as I'm paying the price for the fun we had yesterday. I'm not surprised as it was to be expected! I'm not able to put any weight on my feet today without excruciating pain. Vicodin is helping a bit! So, I've either been laying in bed or using the wheelchair to get around downstairs. I'm also a bit sick to my stomach at times -- I just had to remind myself that it's only been 5 days since chemo, and it usually takes 7 days for the nausea, vomiting, diarrhea to go away. Sorry, was that TMI?
I'll sign off on that note -- no matter how I feel today, the family fun we had yesterday was worth it. I really love all my kids (including the adopted family friends) and my husband, and it's nice to have a whole day just to spend together!
Much Love,
Michele

1 comment:

Candi said...

It looks like you all had a great time. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a wonderful day with your family. You are always in my prayers.....Candi