Facebook Badge

Monday, July 20, 2009

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :-)

Hi Friends!

Mission accomplished! My bloodwork came back OK today, and I was able to do Round #8 of chemo today. ONLY 4 MORE LEFT !!!

Will and Heather spent the night last night, and all of the kids were up super-late! So, when I got up for chemo, they were all still asleep. I really didn't want to get up, but Bill sweetly woke me up, said a prayer for me while we lay in bed, and then when I still didn't get up -- he offered to pick out my clothes for me. I guess he knew that would get me moving, because who knows what he would have had me wearing?! Anyway, Annie came over, and we left for chemo by 9:40 a.m. We had time to stop at Jamba Juice for oatmeal and smoothies on the way, and we arrived to chemo on time (or close to it) for my 10:15 appointment.

Dr. Menco (my oncologist) checked me over and cleared me to do my chemo. It was a fairly uneventful chemo, which is good for me. That means we didn't have any blown veins or drama of that sort! The nurse nicely used a hot pack to coax one of my stubborn veins to the surface. By the time we finished chemo and got back to Simi -- it was late afternoon. I needed to stop at the pharmacy for my anti-nausea meds, and then we went to Del Taco for a late lunch. I usually like to get one good meal in while the IV anti-nausea meds from chemo are still on board.

We got home around 3:30 and Judi was bringing all the kids back to our house for swimming. They all hung out here, and I lay around for most of the afternoon. Some friends from church brought us dinner, and Cameron was thrilled to discover it was KFC. Right now Heather, Molly, and Cam are playing on the computer and/or watching TV. Justin took Will, Nate, and Isaac out on a bike ride. Then Nate and Isaac are going to spend the night at the Malone's house.

I have heard from Bill, and he has made it safely to Texas. He has meetings Tuesday and Wednesday, and then he will be coming back on Wednesday night. It will go fast, but I do miss him as do the kids. They're hoping he brings them cowboy hats back from Texas.

More tomorrow...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: