Facebook Badge

Friday, March 27, 2009

THURSDAY AND FRIDAY!!!

Hi Friends!

I didn't get around to blogging yesterday, so here I go. Yesterday we stayed busy with our usual daily stuff -- homeschooling, homework, life, etc. I took the little boys to 7-11 as a reward for their great schoolwork. Nate is doing awesome in math, and he has mastered long division and is moving onto fractions. And Isaac is reading at almost a 2nd grade level. They got donuts, ice cream, and slurpies in X-Men cups. Also, I took Molly to Goodwill in the evening. We scored a ton of beautiful clothes for her -- 2 large bags of dresses, pants, jeans, shirts, PJ's, boots, etc. for a total price of $54. She basically got a whole new wardrobe, and we had a great time. I am so blessed to have kids who are happy to be frugal when it comes to clothes! She was most pleased with her jean minskorts and a pretty pink dress that she wore to her school dance today. We also hosted a Boy Scout Greenbar at our house last night -- that's where all the Boy Scouts leaders -- adults and teens come together to plan for the month of scouting activities. During that, Molly, Isaac, and I went for a walk/bike ride. Nate hung out with Cam and the big boys.

Today we sent the older ones off to school and Bill off to work. Then after homeschooling, I had to go and get my blood drawn. I need a creatine (kidney function) level done before proceeding with the rest of my urology testing. The blood draw wasn't fun, because I am still very shaky (due to the effects of lupus on my central nervous system). The man drawing my blood couldn't deal with my shaking arm, and he missed the vein and then had to poke around before he finally found one. But he finally got it accomplished -- and then we went to the park. I managed to walk for about 1/2 hour before Cameron called to have me pick him up from school. I thought I'd have more time, because he had planned to stay after school. However, he ended up not staying after because he had a sub for computer website design class. So, after picking Cam up
-- we went home and then had about an hour of free time. At 4:30 we took Nate and Isaac to Shirlene's barber shop so that she could take them to Palmdale to spend the night. Then I picked up Molly and her friend, Sandy, (who's spending the night tonight) from the Hillside School Dance. It was from 3-5 p.m. tonight. We then went and got pizza from Little Caesar's and came home. Annie and Cam were waiting for us at home. Nicely, Alice had gone to CostCo and picked up milk, rolls, bananas, cookies for us. What would we do without her? After that we all had pizza, and soon enough it was time for Bible Study. We had folks over for that from 7-9:30 p.m. Soon, I will be off to bed.

Also, I have some good news. My mammogram came back normal, and my pelvic ultrasound came back OK too -- some benign masses and a few issues with one ovary, but nothing serious -- especially since no more kids are in our future! Here's hoping the next set of tests comes back that good, too!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: