Facebook Badge

Monday, March 9, 2009

CAMPING WEEKEND!!!







Hi Friends!

We had a really fun weekend camping at Jawbone Canyon. It's in the desert and we were able to ride the dirtbikes, quad, and go-kart. We rented an RV, and picked it up on Friday. It was really nice and big -- slept 7 of us comfortably. We left Simi Valley Friday evening and returned Sunday evening. It was a great time for all. Even Annie (Alice) rode the quad and had a blast! She had a spectacular crash into a bush, and then got up and kept on going like a pro! Isaac rode the 50 (motorcycle) the whole time, and Molly rode the quad. Nate has a 90 motorcycle, which he rides. But he loves the go-kart most of all. He's all about speed and ramping and doing jumps. The kids even went on some trail rides with Bill on his motorcyle this time. Cam spent most of the time in the RV. He's not a big camper as he "doesn't like dirt or bugs!" But he enjoyed the nice RV this time.
This was originally planned to be a family camp for Boy Scouts, and it was going to be at Alamo Mountain. However, the weather there was not supposed to be good this weekend. Cold and rainy!!! So, the other families dropped out, and we decided to change our plans and go somewhere that had decent weather. Since we had been talking about this trip for months, the kids were really wanting to go camping -- somewhere, anywhere! The desert was a good choice. It was cold (upper 30's) at night, but we were inside, and during the day it got up to the upper 60's.

I did really well, and it was great to be back to camping again! Bill had encouraged me to come along, and rented the camper so that even if I didn't feel well -- I could just hang out inside. But I felt great on Saturday and even rode my quad for the first time in 2 years. I thought I would just putt-putt around the campground, but I ended up going all over with the kids and doing whoop-de-doos, etc. It was fantastic, and I felt like a normal 38 year old again. Of course, I paid the price for staying outside all day Saturday in the sun, but it was worth it! I was achy and fatigued on Sunday, but everyone left me alone to sleep until 1 p.m. and I sprang back to life.
We got home last night in time to put the kids to bed. It was 9 p.m. Then Bill, Annie, and I unloaded and cleaned the camper out. And we unhooked the motorcycle trailer (which we pulled behind the RV with all the toys) and put all that away. We finished and went to bed by midnight.
This morning after taking the kids to school, we returned the RV to San Fernando. Nate and Isaac and I are recovering and having a light day of school. They collected many rock specimens at the campsite, and right now they are busy washing them and shining them up.
I am looking forward to a "normal" week -- who knows what that will bring around here!
Much Love,
Michele





No comments: