Facebook Badge

Sunday, March 29, 2009

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY ...

"The world is round, and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning!" -- Ivy Baker

Hi friends!

After blogging yesterday, we went to church. We hadn't been to church on a Saturday night for a while, and I was convinced that it was at 5:45. But apparently it's always been at 5:30. We made it there in the nick of time, and we brought Annie (or Alice) with us. Isaac was so cute at church. He fell asleep on my lap and drooled all over me. I guess he was tired out after the night before at Brandon's house. We got home from church around 7 p.m. and then I made dinner. We had mini pizzas, rolls, salad, and cookies. After cleaning up and getting the kids settled for the night, Annie and I went to the 99 cents store for a bit. I buy soda, personal hygiene items, and groceries there. It's a big money-saver for us. We wandered the aisles until they closed at 9 p.m., and then we checked out. We stopped on the way home for our energy (Big Gulps at 7-11), and then came home and unpacked. Annie had taped "My Fair Lady," which I had never seen before -- so I watched that into the wee hours of the morning.

This morning, I slept in -- one of the benefits of going to Saturday evening church. I had a few interesting visits from kids while half-asleep. First, Nate came in and asked if he could eat a container of frosting for breakfast. He couldn't understand why I wanted to save it to frost a cake. Then Molly showed up weeping and convinced she weighed 184 lbs. I had to convince her that it was humanly impossible to gain 50 lbs overnight, and show her that the scale needed to be reset to 0. So, eventually I decided to just get up.

Cameron went on his Scout bike ride today, and they biked 11.5 miles. He says everything hurts. I was proud of him for doing it, though! That type of experience really pushes him out of his box. He's so funny -- he even tried to take his Game Boy along on the bike ride.

After dropping off Cam at the bike ride, Bill and I went to a Small Group Leader's Appreciation Luncheon for church. We had a nice time, and Molly did a good job watching the boys while we were gone. When we got home, Bill opened up the pool for the season, and the 3 younger kids were all eager to go swimming. It's still a bit too cold for me, though!

We grilled out tonight -- steak and pork chops with potatoes. Bill is still cleaning up in the kitchen, and I'm going to start the kids on their bedtime routines. Hopefully, Bill and I will also get to bed on time, and that way we can be reliable with our walking routine this week.

I am still feeling really good. My only major problems right now are tiredness and the menopausal symptoms (hot flashes, etc.). I am anxious to start hormonal treatment, which I should be able to do this week.

More tomorrow...
Love,
Michele

No comments: