Facebook Badge

Sunday, March 22, 2009

SUNDAY!!!

Hi Friends!

Yesterday Annie and I took Cameron to Disney's California Adventure. We left home around noon and stopped for lunch at Carl's Jr. We had a great time at the Park -- even Cameron who was hard to convince because he usually likes to stay home on Saturdays! People with autism aren't highly flexible!!! The weather was great for me with my loopy lupus -- cloudy and in the 60's. It wasn't too busy for a Saturday. The highlight of the day was going on GRRR!!! -- the water ride. I went on it twice and it was great to see Cameron laughing hysterically. Allan, Annie's boyfriend, joined us and he went on it once with us. Cameron and Annie went on it 4 times. They'd probably still be there if Allan and I hadn't dragged them away! There was no line because of the cold weather. They were still soaked hours later.

We left Disney around 8 p.m. and Allan and Annie took us out to dinner at Mimi's. Thanks, guys! Cameron really enjoyed having someone new to talk to with Allan along. We laughed and talked and ate and finally left Mimi's around 10:30 p.m. On the way home we listened to a CD by Terry Hershey entitled, "A Gentle Plea for Chaos." It was great and much needed -- I love to embrace the craziness and messiness of life, which makes some people think I'm crazy!! But, oh well -- I am what I am! We made it back to Simi Valley shortly after midnight and told Mr. Brady all about our adventures! He was waiting up for us.

Today, I had planned to go to church -- but as usual found I had overdone it at the theme park. I told Bill to let me and Cam sleep, and he and Molly went to church. The boys stayed home and played nicely and quietly with their army men, letting us sleep.

It's now 2:15 and I just got out of bed. I'm somewhat achy from the walking and my head hurts -- but at least I'm not tired anymore. And the fun we had was worth the pain! I'm going to go off to take a shower -- and then I'll help the kids clean up the house. Like I said before -- sometimes life is messy, but it's always fun! Cam and Bill are at an Eagle Scout ceremony. Molly is playing PS2 and the boys are building a "tent city" out of blankets.

Much Love,
Michele

P.S. -- Thanks Terry for the daffodils and teapot!! What a great surprise when I got home. And it was so sweet of you to make dinner for my family. They really enjoyed the soup -- and I can't wait to try it!

No comments: