Facebook Badge

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

a PLANNED journey is an oxymoron!!!


Hi Friends!


When I started chemo, I gave out necklaces to 7 people that spelled out the word journey. Each person got a letter and the card said -- "Join me... I've sent you one of the seven letters of the word JOURNEY as a simple reminder that you and six others will form the circle of support I will need. Knowing, as I travel the road ahead, I will never be alone." Lately I've been reflecting on my journey of life, especially the crisis/blessing of poor health I recently went through. I am thankful to have so much support, and I am thankful for the journey -- which I never would have planned to go this way. But God knows best, and I wouldn't change it for that reason!!!


I've come a long way, and I am now up to helping Bill through his health issues. Starting tomorrow, we will be getting up at 6 a.m each weekday morning to walk before waking the kids up for school at 6:45. I'm looking at it as a "get to" not a "have to." What a great opportunity for Bill and I to spend some alone time together while at the same time improving our health! It will definitely require us to go to bed earlier each night, though!


Today the cleaners came, so I am basking in the glow of my clean house. It doesn't last forever, but I sure appreciate it for a few days at least. And I would much rather focus on teaching and parenting my kids rather than being the "cleaning lady" of the house while sending all the kids off to school each day.


We homeschooled diligently in the morning today, so that we could go to the park while the maids came this afternoon. We went to Lincoln Park and I walked 3 miles while the kids played. Annie met us there and even did some walking. (You go, girl!) Then we went to Jamba Juice for smoothies.


Tonight Cam and Molly had a bunch of homework that I ended up helping them with. Then I made a heart-healthy dinner for my husband -- chicken florentine and a salad with low-fat lemon cookies for dessert. Cam and Bill are off to Boy Scouts tonight. Nate, Isaac, and Molly are playing Dance Dance Revolution on the PS 2. It's almost bedtime for the littlest. Isaac goes to bed at 8, Nate at 8:30, and Molly at 9:00.


Tomorrow night Cameron has Open House at Royal High School. I am looking forward to going with him as I missed "Back to School Night" in the beginning of the year because I was so sick. His teachers have been wonderfully supportive to him this year, and I can't wait to meet them in person. We also get to order his class ring. How did he get this old? Time passes so quickly!


I'll sign off now, and then start bedtime for the kids. Then I need to do some bill-paying. Fun, Fun!!!


Much Love,

Michele

No comments: