Facebook Badge

Monday, March 16, 2009

MONDAY, MONDAY ...

Hi Friends!

I never got back to blogging this weekend. Bill and I had a nice date on Saturday night. We went to see Yes Man at the movie theater. It was really funny! Then we had a lovely dinner at the Macaroni Grill. Thanks, Honey!!! The kids did well at home with the exception of Cameron who fell asleep first. He was tired out from the Dragon Ball Z marathon he had the night before. So, we had a few text-messages from Molly asking for advice on how to deal with her little brothers. But she did great and the house was still here when we got home.

On Sunday we slept in and missed church. Oops! I had missed my Saturday night medicine (first time ever) and had a headache. Good test to see if I still need the meds, I guess! So, it took a while to shake the headache. Then Bill had some blood pressure issues. So, we were taking care of him. We sent him to the doctor today, and they are trying some new meds. His EKG was normal so that is good. His blood pressure is way too high, though!

I also got the fun of visiting my urologist today. He was reassuring and told me that blood in the urine is a side effect of Cytoxan. But, of course -- he'll still have to work me up to rule out everything just in case. I'm going to have bloodwork, a CT scan, and a cytoscopy (camera in the bladder) -- then we'll see what's up. He also prescribed me a new antibiotic (240 pills) -- so I'm hoping to be infection-free for the next year at least. Best case scenario -- no permanent damage has been done to my bladder or kidneys from all the infections!!!

Other than that -- it's been an uneventful day. We did our usual routine with homeschooling. Right now Molly is working on homework. The boys are playing with Heather. They just had the thrill of watching our car be towed. It needs repair. There's nothing more entertaining than a tow truck for a bunch of little kids.

I'm going to make dinner now -- so I'll go. I think I'll make a heart-healthy stir-fry for Bill. He's awfully sweet, so I want to keep him around!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: