Facebook Badge

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WEDNESDAY!

Hi Friends!

Today we got up early. My alarm went off at 8 a.m., which is unheard of for me. Thank goodness for Molly who is much more responsible than me! She immediately got up, came downstairs, switched and folded laundry, made her bed, got dressed, and got herself and Isaac fed and ready. I, on the other hand, kept hitting snooze on my alarm until the last possible minute, getting up at 8:30. I just had enough time to pack snacks/drinks for the movie, take my meds, and throw some clothes on before Will and Heather arrived at our house. The local movie theater offers free movies weekly during the summer, and today it was Space Chimps. The movie starts at 10 a.m., but since it's free -- you have to be there early in order to get a seat. So off we went, but my daughter really put me to shame. She'll definitely make someone a nice wife one day!

The movie was very funny. I thoroughly enjoyed it, at least the parts of it I saw. After the movie, Will said -- "You know, Michele -- You slept through 3/4 of the movie!" That was probably true. With my current meds, put me in a dark room or a moving car and I immediately fall asleep. And this morning, I skipped my Vicodin even though my head was killing me. I feel unsafe driving when I take it, and Annie bowed out this morning -- so I was alone with my precious cargo! Safety first!

After the movie, we received an urgent phone call from Cameron, Nate, and Brandon. They were out of milk! I had already been to Judi's house this morning to get a half gallon because we were completely out -- but apparently Cam and Brandon drank it all before Nate had a chance to get up and eat his cereal. So, we stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up milk and soda, as well as lunch fixings (chicken, potato logs, and mac and cheese from the deli) since it was almost noon.

Here's another funny story from today. Preface -- yesterday I asked who wanted to go to the movie, and Brandon, Nate, and Cameron all said they wanted to stay home. "No big," as Molly would say! So, when it was time to leave, I woke up Cameron to remind him we were leaving. And he went back to sleep. Nate was still sleeping, too. And Brandon wasn't here yet, but he always just lets himself in and makes himself at home. He knows the code to our front door. Well, we he got here, and he was convinced nobody was home since the truck was gone. Apparently he forgot yesterday's conversation. So, he and Shirlene went searching the house. Cam and Nate both sleep buried under the covers and none of us (except Molly) had made our beds. Meaning -- all the beds looked lumpy. So, they were peeling back the covers on Cam's bed to see if anyone was there. He nearly had a heart attack when he saw Shirlene since he sleeps in his underwear!

This afternoon, Judi's kids went to spend some time with family. My kids and Brandon nicely let me nap from about 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Then I finished Mt. Washmore. Judi's kids came back to play and left again at dinnertime. I actually made dinner tonight and was quite proud of myself. It was home-cooked, even if it wasn't all that healthy for Bill. I made chili-cheese-cornbread casserole with nachos on the side and german-chocolate cake for dessert. It was well-received!

After dinner, the kids went swimming. Then Judi's kids came back and they all went biking in the front. I did some housework upstairs and helped the kids tidy up their rooms after their friends went home. They just finished their bath/showers and are now settling in for the night. Bill just returned from his Wednesday night Men's Group. I am going to lay down upstairs and snuggle with Isaac while watching TV. It seems to be our nightly tradition since I went back to chemo. After he falls asleep, Bill carries him off to his own bed for the night.

More tomorrow... I hope...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: