Facebook Badge

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TIRED TUESDAY!

Hi Friends!

This will be a short post, but I wanted to assure you that I am still alive after my chemo yesterday. It was less fun than usual as it took 3 sticks before the oncology nurses were able to find a cooperative vein. I think my veins are more tired of all this than I am. They've packed up and went home.

But we accomplished Round #9, and that's what's important. Annie and Shirlene took me. We also had an appointment with Dr. Cohen. He is attempting a bunch of medication changes to deal with my current issues, which are severe headache, swelling and pain of ankles, knees, and hands, and chronic fatigue with sleep issues. Hopefully, the medication will help -- but he feels I'm back in a lupus flare and wants to nip it before it progresses to where I was last year when this all started. So, he has me keeping a headache/pain log, and I will see him again in 2 weeks. If things haven't improved, we will have to go back to doing the high-dose IV steroids for 3 days along with each Cytoxan (chemo) treatment. I have mixed feelings. I hate to do the steroids again, but I do want to stop the lupus before it progresses too far yet again!

Last night, my friend, Carrie, brought us dinner. I heard it was great, but I stayed upstairs. Even the smell of food for me right now is torturous. Today, Bill is at work and the kids are puttering around. Nate is over at Judi's and Heather is over here. Terry, our sweet neighbor, is bringing dinner tonight. Bill and Cameron are going to skip Boy Scouts, and Bill promised that he'd take the kids to the park tonight. They really miss out an activities when I'm down and out!

I just feel very sick to my stomach and weak today. I slept until 10:30 a.m., and I think I'm about ready for a nap. My headache was nasty when I woke up, but it's calmed down a little with my morning dose of Vicodin.

It looks like we'll be renting a home in Camarillo until we decide on a permanent house to buy. We have found a very nice 4 BR/3 Bath townhome 15 minutes away from Bill's work. The rent is reasonable, and we can relax there while deciding where to live permanently. We need to be out of this house by Sept. 9th, and we should be able to move right into the townhome and have Cam start school in that district. We will be looking for a home in that school district as well, so Cam will be able to finish high school in one place.

That's it for now... Good night ...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: