Facebook Badge

Monday, August 31, 2009

MOVING DAY ...

Hi Friends,

You may not hear from me for a while, but don't worry. The major moving is about to begin. Today, they picked up our PODS container, and tomorrow it will be delivered to our house in Oxnard. We spent today (me and the kids/ Bill was at work) giving the house a thorough cleaning for the new owner. I also had an appointment to get my bloodwork done and to meet with Dr. Menco, the oncologist. My bloodwork was good, and he is in agreement with Dr. Cohen that we'll probably do the IV steroids for my last 3 chemo treatments. Fun, fun, fun! I did a couple other errands while out -- went to the pharmacy, picked up some medical records, and went to the grocery store. But largely, we just spent the day spit-shining the house. The kids were a big help, and I was very proud of them!

Tomorrow is Cameron's first day of school at Channel Islands High School. He is a bit nervous, so let's all pray that it goes well for him. Bill is going to take him in the morning, and drop off the motorcyles, quads, etc. at the house in Oxnard. Then he'll come back to get the rest of us and the beds. And we'll all go there and start unpacking. I have nothing left to do here. Bill still has some work to do sorting and cleaning up in the garage, but we have until September 9th when the closing of this house occurs. So, he has plenty of time to get it done! He has Tuesday and Wednesday off of work this week to help with the moving, and then Friday is his usual day off plus it's Labor Day weekend, so we can add the next Monday off. Hopefully we'll get a lot done this week. Next week after Labor Day, the homeschoolers and I will be starting back up to school. It's time, so we're all looking forward to it. I don't have chemo scheduled for September yet, but we'll work around it.

I'm going to head off to bed soon. I'm still working on a bit of laundry. Cam and Bill have to get up early and leave by 6:30 a.m. to have Cam to school by 7:30 a.m tomorrow morning. I plan to get up with them, send them off, and then go back to bed. I'm just not a morning person!

I'll try to blog from Bill's laptop, but I don't believe our internet/TVs, etc. will be set up from the new house until September 7th. You may have to call me on the phone if you want an up-date :)

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: