Facebook Badge

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

NOW, FOR MY REAL POST ....



Hi Friends,

Well, it's been quite a week. We THOUGHT we sold the house and were done negotiating, but we're running into some glitches. We were happy selling the house and just breaking even. However, as we look into getting a mortgage to buy a new one, we find our loan will go through easier if we rent out the house and continue to build equity. So, luckily we hadn't accepted the final, final offer yet. We're talking more with our loan officer and seriously considering renting out this house instead. Conveniently, our neighbors (who are renting) would be happy to rent this house, so we already have an interested party. I am just really not sure about how I feel about owning 2 houses. Financially, it makes sense, but as far as making our life easier -- not so much! And now we're back to square one -- so the stress of not knowing what's happening is challenging for me. I was about to start packing, then I received this bit of news, and so now we've put that on hold until we know definitely what we're going to do. Meanwhile, I'll keep praying, taking my Xanax, and today Annie brought us over mini-bottles of Jameson whiskey, since she heard I like it so much. And when I know something -- you'll hear it on the blog first!


Other than that, it's been a busy week. On Monday, we had a potluck at our house for the Chronic Illness small group. That was fun -- they're a lively group for a bunch of sicklies! That was in the evening, so the kids and I spent the day picking up the house and making dessert -- we made tons of snickerdoodles and cupcakes of all varieties with sprinkles.


All week I haven't been feeling well -- very fatigued and whenever I'm on my feet or even sit without my feet up, they swell. So, Tuesday was taken up by the cleaners coming. It took all my energy just to get up and wash the sheets so that when they came in the afternoon, they could change the beds with fresh linens. We also had Will and Heather spend the night on Tuesday night to everyone's delight.

Today, I spent ALL day filling out my disability forms online. It took over 5 hours to do as they are very detailed. We are hoping that the disability and supplemental insurance (through the federal government) may help us with our medical copays as well as all the extras (like housecleaners) who cover things I used to be able to do. I was still in my PJs at 5 p.m., but I had finally submitted the forms on-line, so I was pleased with myself! I was hoping to do laundry today, too -- as we're almost out, but that will just have to wait until tomorrow. I was content with finishing the forms, taking a shower, and tidying up the house with the kids before dinner. Oh, and did I mention -- Cameron had a severe migraine and was puking all day. He seems better now. But at first I couldn't figure out what type of illness he had. There was puke everywhere and he had to clean it up himself, because I can't touch germs with my zero immune system! (I think Cameron probably got the migraine because of the stress of our possible, maybe moving situation :-) My angel and the kids' fairy godmother -- yes, of course I'm talking about Annie (Alice) showed up with McDonald's and Big Gulps for dinner. Bill had Men's Group tonight.
I am off to bed soon. Hopefully, I'll get back to the blogging again this week. I've just been so tired, overwhelmed, in pain, and life has been ... well... so complicated! But as always, I'll give it to God!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: