Facebook Badge

Sunday, August 9, 2009

SUNDAY

Hi Friends!

I don't know where my Sunday has gone! Our church is now offering an 11 a.m. service, so we tried that this morning. It was a challenge for me to get up by 10 a.m., but I managed. I need to talk again with Dr. Cohen about my stamina. Last time he offered me Ritalin or a steroid to help counteract the effects of my chemo/lupus -- but I elected not to do it. During the summer, it's not a big deal if I sleep ALL the time. But since I'll be homeschooling again starting in September -- I will need to be able to stay awake!

Anyway, I went to church. Then we came home and had lunch. At 2 p.m., I went to my quilting class at Carrie's house. Molly is making a quilt, too, so she came along. We stopped at JoAnn's to buy some last-minute supplies. I felt like I was back in college cramming for a final -- because an hour before the class, I was attempting to iron my fabric and buying a cutting board and other needed supplies. Bill drove us over to Carrie's -- I'm still taking a lot of Vicodin for my headaches, so depending on when it's taken -- I don't always feel safe driving.

We stayed at Carrie's until almost 5 p.m., and with Molly's help (I don't have the strength for cutting), we managed to cut 50 quilt squares. At this rate -- my quilt may not be done until Dr. Cohen's baby is a toddler! But, Bill pointed out that what's important is that I'm having fun/fellowship with friends!

Bill picked up a bunch of boxes today from a fellow Freecycler! So, the price was right -- FREE! This week I will try to do some packing with the kids. I have one week before Round #9 of chemo. Chemo is on the 17th, and we need to be out of this house by the 24th -- it usually takes me 7 days to come back to life after chemo :-) So, good news is -- I'll be good in time for the move, but the bad news is -- I won't be much help for the whole week before the move. Poor Bill!

But, as always -- I am going to trust God to provide! And I'm sure it will all turn out in the end! I'll just try not to worry about the details! God knows the plan, it's just my job to follow it -- not to question/complain about it!

Much Love,
Michele

P.S. -- The story about the boys' trip to Gorman is that after Isaac puked late in the evening -- Nate and Isaac both concurred they were homesick and just wanted to come home. So, Bill obliged.

No comments: