Facebook Badge

Monday, August 24, 2009

MONDAY MANIA!!!

Hi Friends!

I fear that I may have overdone it a bit today, so I'll catch you up and then head off to bed. I woke up this morning by 10 a.m. -- pretty respectable for me. Isaac and I got ready and went off shopping as it was his day. We started at the shoe store where Isaac arrived barefoot because he "hates all his shoes." Nothing ever feels right! After MUCH debating and trying on every pair of size 2s in the shoes store, I convinced him to buy 2 new pairs. He ended up with a pair of brown boots and a pair of black slip-on tennies. So, off he went to Wal-Mart wearing his new boots!

Wal-Mart was an adventure, to say the least! We were fairly successful. He bought shorts, shirts, sunglasses, hats, and everything a 7 year-old needs to be fashionable. We had to stop mid-way through the shopping when he became exhausted and needed lunch from McDonald's. We also took a trip over to the toy cars to spend his allowance money. Unfortunately, we were unable to find a single pair of pants that met his exacting standards -- they all felt too hard! Maybe once we move to Oxnard by the ocean where it's much colder, he'll change his mind and buy some pants. But, for now, I'll choose my battles.

We arrived home at around 1 p.m. -- just in time to see our PODS container being delivered. That was very exciting for all the kids. They enjoyed seeing it dangle in the air. And the driver uses a big spider-like contraption to lower it by remote control. All of the children in the neighborhood were lined up in our driveway watching!

After that, I had a few errands to do -- stopped at 2 houses in town to pick up some stuff from FreeCycle. We got a bunch of girl shoes, toy and shoe closet organizers, and a magnetic chore chart.

And then when I thought I was finally home for the day-- Bill called and said he'd registered Cameron for Channel Island High School. He has a meeting with his counselor tomorrow, and new student-orientation on Wednesday. So, we needed all of his records from Royal today. And off I went to get them. Mission accomplished! Royal High School was crazy, though, because school starts on Wednesday!

After all that, I think I officially got home around 3:30. The house was looking a bit trashed between packing materials and kids' stuff. So, we all took a break and did our chores. Then Molly, Isaac, and I packed up the family room, which was our goal for the day. After supper, the kids went swimming. Bill just got home as he had a doctor's appointment and had to work late to make up for it.

I need to sign off now and go rest ...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: