Facebook Badge

Saturday, August 8, 2009

A NIGHT OUT WITH THE TEENAGERS!!!



Hi Friends!
I decided to make up for not posting yesterday by posting twice today. I told Bill to take the camera with him and the boys -- they left for camping/motorcycle riding this afternoon. But apparently, he forgot and so I decided to take it with me while I went out with the older kids tonight. Most of my blog readers tell me they value the pictures most of all -- so I'll try to oblige. It makes sense since we're so so far away from many family and friends!
The good news is that tonight I went to a movies -- and I'm proud to announce: For the first time in 2 years, I didn't fall asleep in the movie theater. I planned ahead and took a 2 hour nap before leaving. Then this evening, at about 6 p.m., Cam, Molly, and I went out for dinner at McDonald's. Afterwards we went to the $3 movie theater to see Night at the Museum 2, which we REALLY enjoyed. And then we headed back to McDonald's (Don't worry -- it's right by the Movies) to have an ice cream snack. All in all, we had a great time! It was nice to spend time alone with the two older kids and really get to talk with them. I think that I'm a much better Mom since I got sick as I tend to focus on what's really important ( e.g. - time with the kids). In the past (pre-lupus), I think I got bogged down with the details of life.
The kids are now happily playing games that they bought at GameStop earlier today with their allowance money. Nate was even thrilled on his way to go camping, because Bill hooked up his X-box (which he bought from John next door -- it's an older model!) to the DVD player in our SUV. So, he was able to play the new games he bought with his allowance on the trip to Gorman. I received a call from Bill. They were planning to go to Alamo Mountain, but it was closed. (Not sure of the details?) So, instead they were going to Gorman. Bill sounded happy and said they were going to have a great time. That was an improvement as Bill was stressed out when leaving!
Update: Bill and the boys just showed up! Isaac puked. They decided to come home after a day of riding. So, I'm going to get the boys in the bathtub and then to bed. I'll update you more tomorrow.
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: