Facebook Badge

Friday, August 14, 2009

GOOD NIGHT, SLEEP TIGHT...



Hi Friends ...
I'm on my way to bed. Do you like the jammies? Annie surprised me and Molly with new PJs today! She's such a sweetie! I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but mine have flowers and Molly's have cats. They're comfortable and roomy, and I do spend a lot of time in my pajamas these days. So, you can never have too many!
Yes, I know it's late, but time got away from me. Still no word on the home selling/buying front. Bill is in charge of working with the loan people, and today they seemed more agreeable to letting us go ahead and sell this house. So, hopefully a final decision will be made tomorrow. The good news is that we have a seller if we want to sell, and we seem to have a renter if we choose to rent it out. But, like I said yesterday, it's the not knowing that drives me CRAZY!!! Looks like we won't be out of here either way, though, until September, which gives us a bit more breathing room. And if we make a decision soon, Cam could always commute to his new school with Bill when he goes to work -- that is, until we actually make the move.
Heather and Will were over for much of the day today, because Judi had to take Justin to register for high school. He will be a freshman this year at Royal. The kids all had a good time, mostly playing with legos (boys), Barbies (girls), and swimming.
I worked on Mt. Washmore today, which had again gotten out of hand. I knew it was bad when several people mentioned they were out of underwear and other essentials:-) So, that was the main project for the day. I also worked on tidying up the kitchen, ordered groceries online, and made peanut butter cookies (with the kids) for our Bible Study tonight. We had our Heaven group tonight, which Bill leads. Annie made my day by ordering pizza tonight for dinner. She arrived at 6 p.m., and I was "on my last spoon." (See yesterday's spoon blog if you don't understand!) I had an hour before Bible study and had time to do one thing so, I was contemplating whether to make dinner (for the hungry family) or order groceries (important -- as we're almost out of milk, TP, and many staples). I knew I wouldn't be able to fit in or have the energy for a real-life grocery shop. And, I love my husband, but bargain-shopping is not is specialty. He seems to come home $400 later, but missing most of the essentials. (Here's hoping he's not reading this!) So, anyway Annie treated us to pizza for supper and I ordered groceries, and we managed to get both accomplished before people started arriving at our house.
Bill went to bed shortly after the Bible study as he has an early morning meeting for work. He says he needs to get up at 5 a.m. I'm glad someone is willing to work and provide for us!!! The kids and I dawdled for a while watching TV and then they slowly went to bed, too. The schoolyear is going to be a big adjustment for all of us. Although, I was teasing Bill that homeschool hours might be from 12 -8 p.m. Just kidding!!
Tomorrow, I have the groceries coming, and we'll need to put away all the items from Mt. Washmore. Annie and I are planning to take Molly shopping at JC Penney's for her dress for Sandy's Bat Mitzvah. Sandy is a good friend of Molly's who is Jewish, so this will be a great learning opportunity as she is invited to the synagogue and the reception afterwards. The Bat Mitzvah is Saturday, August 22nd. So, since I have chemo on Monday I want to help her get a beautiful dress before then. And we may do some general back-to-school shopping for her, too. It's traditional for me to take one child at a time clothes/school supply shopping in August. And I find that the traditions are important to keep up during a health crisis, as they keep the children feeling like everything is normal -- or as normal as possible. Also, while shopping tomorrow -- I want to buy something cute for Dr. Cohen's new baby girl. I am still planning to give her the baby quilt when I finish that, but who knows how long that will take?!
Last night when I was up late (as usual) I ordered a Bat Mitzvah gift for Sandy online, and it's really cool. Right now in Israel there is a lady making a handmade bracelet for her. It is braided blue leather with 2 gold charms on it. One is the star of David, and the other is a Hamas. A Hamas looks like a hand with an eye in the palm of it. It is symbolic for (the eye) protection from evil, and (the 5 fingers) worshipping God with all of your senses. I was impressed with myself and my Jewish friend (Shirlene) told me that I did well for a Gentile.
Shirlene called today, and she is planning to go to chemo with me on Monday. So, it will be fun -- or as fun as chemo can be. When Annie and Shirlene both go, we call it a "chemo party!" They're both going with me to my appointment to Dr. Cohen's before, too. I'm really blessed to have such a supportive family around here!
Did I mention that Isaac threw up tonight? Right during Bible study. He came down and told me he was sick to his stomach, and then ran to the bathroom and puked. I hope he just ate too much pizza, but with Cam throwing up yesterday -- I am concerned we may have a virus making the rounds. Just what I need days before chemo! I ordered extra Lysol with the groceries and am planning to spray down the house after it comes tomorrow. Maybe I should spray down the kids, too. Just kidding, I think that would be considered abusive even if it's for my health and safety!
Well, I'm really going to sign off and go to sleep now. Bill would have a cow if he knew I was still up. But even with my sleeping pills, I have a hard time falling asleep while considering the housing situation. On a good note, it gives me lots of time to pray.
And as I was reminded today when opening my Bible: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: