Facebook Badge

Saturday, August 15, 2009

THE BEST MADE PLANS ...




Hi Friends!
I knew I was in trouble yesterday when I woke up feeling VERY sick to my stomach. So, it would appear we have a virus making the rounds here! And even though I sprayed Lysol on everything, I had caught it. And unfortunate coincidence (for my stomach), but fortunate (for my kids) was that I had ordered groceries online. They were delivered yesterday morning. Luckily for me, Molly stepped up and put most of the groceries away herself.
I spent most of the day in bed, but I have just enough medicine presribed to me to be dangerous. I found that with a combination of compazine (prescribed for my usual chemo nausea) and vicodin for my head, I could be somewhat functional.
Isaac's big excitement was that something he ordered with his birthday money showed up yesterday. He spent most of yesterday putting together a police big-rig lego set. Itty Bitty was more impressed with the box that it came in :-)
Nate went to Brandon's last night. He was having Brandon withdrawals this week as Brandon started back to school. So we hadn't seen him all week. They came back this morning and are outside skateboarding.
So, basically I conserved spoons yesterday in order to be able to go shopping. Molly had her heart set on going to buy her Bat Mitzvah dress. We talked about having Annie take her if I was too sick -- but that didn't seem the same. So, I managed and of course, we had a great time even if I wasn't feeling my best. Molly got not one, but two dresses as she looked great in everything! She also got some other Back-to-School wardrobe essentials. And we got some baby items for Dr. Cohen's little one. It's been a while since I've been little baby girl shopping (think 13 years!), so that was fun.
We stopped at Mimi's on the way home for a late dinner, arriving home around 10:30 p.m. (shortly after Bill called, saying "Surely, there aren't any stores open this late!") I was really tired and went right to bed only to wake up an hour later. Apparently, my body was confused and thought it needed a nap rather than 8 hours of sleep. I battled insomnia for the rest of the night.
I am hoping to get some household stuff done today. Also, I would like to make it to church at 5:30 today. I am feeling better, but not completely, so -- please pray that I'm not sick in time for them to make me sick (with chemo) on Monday!
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: