Facebook Badge

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I THINK I'VE PASSED MY (OH, I MEAN CAM'S) SEMESTER FINALS!!!

Hi Friends,

And I did it all in my pajamas. After Cameron and Bill left for work and school today, everyone was still asleep. I decided to "help" Cam with a Marine Biology crossword puzzle from hell. It had over 100 words on it and Cameron (being autistic) had been working on it for several evenings, but he had only gotten about 10 words. It was for extra credit and he gets a point for each word he gets correct. And then he's supposed to use it as a study guide for his final tomorrow. I became somewhat obsessed with it and worked on it from 7:15 a.m. until 10 a.m. when the groggy homeschoolers woke up. I was very popular with my teenager when he got home from school, and here's hoping Mr. Bowman never reads this blog. I basically did the rest of it for him by looking up the answers on the internet -- much easier than using his textbooks or notes from class.

Annie spent the night last night, and she nicely volunteered to pick up Cam from high school at 12:30 -- that way he wouldn't be embarrassed by me showing up in my PJs. And then we didn't have to stop our homeschooling, and we were able to be finished by 2:30 for the boys, and 3;30 for Molly. Being in 8th grade, she has a lot more work.

After that, the boys did boy things with the boy neighbors. Cameron and and Molly hung out at home with me and Annie. I got a bit of laundry done, and I even did some Yoga on the Wii Fit.
Then, of course, I had to do a breathing treatment because Yoga made my wheezing worse. Only my damaged lungs could have a problem with the deep breathing in yoga -- Gotta love it.

Bill just got home and is making a fancy rotini dish for dinner. It smells fantastic. Cam is off playing Game Boy, Molly and Annie are Wii Bowling, Nate is playing Ruinscape on the kids' computer, and Isaac is snuggling with me while I type this. He's making sure I treat his netbook well!

I am going to fold some laundry. Laundry and dishes never end with a big family! The kids are well-trained to do all of the chores and we have weekly housecleaners, but I try to help out when I'm up for it.

I just started on FaceBook yesterday, and I'm trying to do a better job connecting with people that way. So, if you're on it and I haven't discovered you yet, look for me.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: