Facebook Badge

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I FEEL LIKE I'M BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH CLASS...

Hi Friends,

That's because my big project today is to help Cameron do a 7 page research paper (with bibliography in appropriate format) on an example of mass hysteria. His topic in Y2K. As of now, he has his first paragraph done. Woo Hoo! So, we have our work cut out for us. It's due this Thursday, so we are aiming to get it done and finished (or at least mostly finished) today. That way if he has any questions for his teacher he can ask her on Monday, which is their last class work day for the project, which is being counted as the final for the semester. I'm so glad that the rest of my kids are home-schooled this year, because the homework can kill you. Next year Molly and Cameron will both be in public school for high school, but we intend to keep Nate and Isaac home until they reach high school -- unless there becomes a reason not to.

Anyway, to give Cam a sense of control over the project, I let him pick the time this weekend to work on the project. And I told him he was lucky to have the help of a former English teacher, seeing as how he needs a good grade. His first choice was to work on it tonight after dinner, which I vetoed. I don't need the pressure of doing a research paper at 7 p.m. on Sunday night. So, we compromised on 3 p.m. this afternoon. I told him to plan on at least 2 hours to do it. And we asked Bill to take the other kids on an activity of his choice (probably the park) to allow for peace and quiet in the house. Wish us luck:-)

Other than that -- not much is planned for today. Bill knocked out the grocery shopping yesterday, so he just needs to go on a prescription run to Walgreen's. I also need to do my meds and the kids meds today. My brain has come back enough for Bill to give control of that back to me. I have managed to discontinue 6 meds since my last doctor's visit --

No comments: