Facebook Badge

Saturday, January 9, 2010

BUSY WEEK!!!

Hi Friends!

I guess I never got back to blogging this week. I'm a real slacker these days, but never fear -- I'm back.

On Wednesday, I took the 3 youngest kids to the dentist in Simi Valley. It was a day that started too early, lasted too long, and it wasn't a very fun experience. Isaac had alll 3 of his cavities filled, Molly had 1 cavity filled, and Nate had 2 cavities filled. (After we got him out from behind the chair in the waiting room.) We need to go back one more time -- Molly and Nate each have 2 cavities left. At least Isaac is done.

After the dentist, which took from 10 a.m. to almost 1 p.m. -- we met up with Annie and ate lunch at Carl's Jr. We got home at about 3 p.m. Bill had just gotten home to prep for his D.C. trip, so he went to get Cameron from school. That was nice and I was able to lay down for a 2 hour nap.

Bill left on Wednesday at 7 p.m. for his trip and he returned last night around 9:30 p.m. Annie came and stayed with us on Thursday and Friday. Thursday we had a typical day and on Friday -- we had some fun. My good friend, Shirlene came to visit for the whole day with her son, Brandon and his girlfriend, Margaret. I hadn't seen Shirlene since I was in the hospital and Brandon since before then. And Margaret and Brandon have been dating for over a year, so I was glad to finally meet her. She's very sweet. Now that we've moved to Oxnard, we're about 2 hours away from them in Palmdale. And we all know that I don't get out much -- I've just started back to driving. Hopefully we'll see each other more frequently, though, since Shirlene and her husband, Frank, have both retired.

So, they came at 10 a.m. and stayed until about 6 p.m. We also had our cleaners (2 people) here doing the housecleaning, so it was kind of crazy with 9 people here while they were cleaning. When they finished -- Annie, Shirlene, Molly, and I went out for lunch at TGI Fridays. Shirlene and I had margaritas and Annie was our designated driver. Molly was happy with strawberry lemonade. The other kids wanted to stay home and hang out, so we brought them food from Taco Bell. Brandon and Margaret were still off of school for Christmas, and we let Cameron stay home in order to get some time to spend with them.

Other than that, I'm glad that Bill is back. He doesn't travel that much anymore, so I really miss him when he's gone. This weekend, we are going to try a new church here in Oxnard. Commuting back to Simi Valley is too difficult, and it ends up taking up most of our Sunday.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: