Facebook Badge

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

WACKY WEDNESDAY!!!











Hi Friends!

I'll start with my funny story of Ambien, which is the sleeping pill I told you about yesterday. I took it for the first time last night, and I told Bill about it. I wanted him to keep an eye on me since it comes with warnings saying " there have been reports of people sleep -walking, sleep -driving, and sleep -eating with amnesia of the event." Well, luckily I didn't do any of those things! I went to bed at 10:30 and fell right asleep. Praise God! Bill came to bed at 11:30, and he said I had a conversation with him about how I had been laying there for hours, but not sleeping. I have no memory of it, so apparently I talk in my sleep about not being able to sleep. I seriously must have sleep on the brain! But, seriously I did feel much better after a full night's sleep. I was still a bit groggy in the morning, however, and I had to go back to bed after sending the kids off to school. So, I'll try taking it and going to bed a bit earlier tonight.

After going back to sleep for a few hours, Judi and I did our usual walk. Then I came home and showered and got ready to meet the day. There is so much hair falling out when I wash it -- I can't believe I have any left. I thought I was looking really fine with my scarf today until Bill came home and called me "Aunt Jemima." Considering that the guys at work made fun of him for his orange motorcycle safety vest (even though it says Harley, it definitely doesn't look cool!), I figured he was just boosting his own self-esteem.

I spent the afternoon cleaning the house, and then before I knew it -- it was time to pick up the boys. Annie went with me and we picked up Cameron, Nate, and Isaac. Then she went to get us our daily Double Big Gulps from 7-11. (Last time I was in the hospital, I asked Bill if the 7-11 went out of business without me.) Molly stayed after school for CheerClub because there was a soccer game they were cheering for. Annie picked her up at 4:30.

Most of the kids had a lot of homework today, so we spent quite a bit of time on that. We just did instant stuff for dinner, because on Wednesdays Bill goes to a Men's Group with some other guys from our church. It's from 7-9 p.m.

Nate and Isaac built an elaborate "tent club" out of blankets, and they are sleeping in it tonight. At least, they're supposed to be sleeping. Right now, I hear a lot of giggling and talking. But, it's nice to see them getting along so well. And Cameron was so happy that they built the tent in Nate's room and Isaac would be sleeping there. That's because Cameron and Isaac are roommates, and well- you know how little brothers can be. Cameron was so excited about getting rid of Isaac that he hugged Nate. And Cameron is not a hugger!

I continue to feel REALLY GOOD. I am definitely convinced that the treatment is working. Of course, I will never go back to how I was before lupus -- but if it stays like this for even a little while, it is a blessing! Annie and I were talking today about how much I appreciate just being able to go and get the kids from school each day. If I had never gotten so sick, it might have been just a routine part of my day that I took for granted. Now, it's a part of my day that I treasure!

Well, I need to go off to bed. I took my Ambien and I am starting to get sleepy. I hope I'm not
sleep-typing this blog. Just kidding!

Much Love,
Michele








No comments: