Facebook Badge

Sunday, December 14, 2008

SUNDAY BEFORE CHEMO!


Hi Friends!


Let me start out with sad news -- I've discovered I'm allergic to chocolate. Bill has been reading up on lupus, and he discovered that people with lupus often develop food allergies. So, he asked me to keep track of what I was eating to see if there was a pattern with my headaches. Well, today I made brownies for the kids' teachers as Christmas presents. After taste-testing the brownies, I developed a horrible headache -- so it's pretty obvious what one of my allergies is. Most of you know that I love chocolate - so I was awfully sad. When I told my kids, they all gasped in shock!


Other than that -- we've had a quiet day of rest. We went to church this morning, and we took Bill's friend Scott along. After coming home, I took a nap. Then we did the brownies, and watched a bunch of movies for a family Christmas movie marathon.


I'm feeling better about doing chemo tomorrow -- not quite so depressed. Shirlene and Annie are going with me, so we should have a fun chemo party.


I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. If I can't e-mail -- I'll have Bill or Annie do it. Bill is going to do less hours at work this week. He'll just go while the kids are at school. That way he can drop them off and pick them up each day. And Annie will be staying with us for the week as she usually does. I'm a blessed person to have so much help! We will also have meals brought to us all week by friends from the neighborhood and church.


Much Love,

Michele

No comments: