Facebook Badge

Friday, December 26, 2008

THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS!!!







Hi Friends!
I am reading a book called Hope, Faith, and Healing right now. I got it for Christmas from Santa and it's about how your outlook can help you fight disease. I want to share something I read in it today. It's come to be known as the Prayer of an Unknown Confederate Soldier.
I asked God for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn to obey.
I asked for health that I might do great things;
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I had asked for,
but everything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.
Pretty powerful and holy words! They sure hit home for me.

Well, today after doing chores and getting ready, which took almost all morning for all 6 of us -- we decided to have a fun little family outing. We had a big lunch at Hometown Buffet here in Simi Valley. I definitely got my money's worth on Cameron alone. It's amazing how much that skinny boy can eat. But then, he's always growing and very active!

After eating our lunch, we drove over to Porter Ranch to go to Toys 'R Us. The kids had a bunch of Christmas and allowance money that they wanted to spend. It was pretty crazy shopping the day after Christmas. Thank goodness for my handicapped parking placard! Bill took the 2 little boys shopping, and I took Cameron and Molly shopping. I probably got the better deal, but then I am still sick.

Shopping went pretty well, and this is what they bought. Cameron bought all 6 Star Wars movies on DVD and a large dinosaur. Molly bought a Hannah Montana stage, 4 Hannah Montana character Barbie dolls, and a black lab stuffed dog named Jack. Nate bought a remote control tarantula and 2 PS2 games. Isaac bought night vision goggles and a Nerf gun. We also picked up 2 new movies --Meet the Robinsons and Narnia's Prince Caspian. And the boys got light saber-shaped styluses for their Game Boys. You have to love boys versus girls. The boys had all lost their numerous styluses, and Molly hadn't lost any of hers. So, she was nicely sharing, but the boys looked rather silly using pink ones.

After returning home, I took to my bed for a while. The trip, while fun, also exhausted me. The kids were all happy to play with their new things. And Cameron has started a Star Wars marathon. He is now on the 2nd movie, and Bill and the other kids have joined him and are eating popcorn. I figure I won't see Cameron for days with all these new movies in the house. But at least he has something different to watch. He still has the tendency (typical for autistic people) to watch the same movie over and over.

I am going to join my family for the movie now. I'll write more tomorrow.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: