Facebook Badge

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

REFLECTIONS ON 2008!

Hi Friends!

Merry Christmas Eve! This is the video that Bill made of me for the year of 2008. When I first saw it, I cried. Bill did, too. It was just so dramatic to see how much the lupus, steroids, and chemo have changed my appearance. But as hard as this year has been, I wouldn't change it. As always, I have faith that God knows better than I do. This isn't the path I would have chosen for myself. I wouldn't have had the wisdom to do so. At times it seems too hard, but if you never climb the mountain -- you won't have your breath taken away by the beauty of the view on top of it. I've grown as a person, child of God, Mom, wife, and friend this year. I'll never be the same as I was before, and as the year ends -- I want to thank God for being more concerned about my character than my comfort. I also want to thank Him for all of you reading this. Without your love and consistent prayer support, I wouldn't have made it this far.

I just finished ordering our pizza from Pizza Hut. It'll be coming at 4 p.m. I love internet ordering. Shirlene just dropped off Brandon and the boys. Nate and Isaac spent the night there in Palmdale last night. Isaac came back minus one front tooth. And the other one is hanging by a thread! He looks pretty cute!

I did manage to finish wrapping presents last night after the boys left. Cameron and Bill had Boy Scouts last night. So, Molly and I had a quiet girl's night. After wrapping the presents, we watched a movie. Then I took my Ambien and went to bed. I told Molly she was in charge, and that she shouldn't let me leave the house.

Today we will go to church, the Christmas House, and the kids will Christmas shop for each other. I love you all!

Happy Holidays!

Michele

No comments: