Facebook Badge

Sunday, December 7, 2008

SLEEP-OVER SATURDAY/SLEEPY SUNDAY

Hi Friends!

I didn't write anything yesterday, so now I'll try to catch you up on the weekend. I'm starting to feel a bit "odd" again -- the lupus symptoms tend to come back when it's close to chemo time again. My next chemo is scheduled for the 15th.

On Saturday Bill took the boys on a Boy Scout camping trip to California City. They left in the afternoon. Molly invited some girlfriends over for a sleep-over on Saturday night. She ended up with 3 girls from school plus little Heather from next door. Annie came to help me supervise the girls, which turned out to be a good thing. Apparently my cognitive function is not quite back, because Bill had set my P.M. and bedtime medicine out for me before he left -- but I accidentally took my Ambien (the new sleeping pill) at 5 p.m. -- an hour before the girls were scheduled to arrive. I realized it too late, and I managed to call Annie to tell her we had a "BigGulp emergency." She showed up shortly with our daily Big Gulps and movies from BlockBuster for the girls to watch. That was helpful, and I made it until 10 p.m. when I fell asleep with my head on the dining room table. The girls had a great time, giggled, did make-overs and "girlie things," and talked a lot, and stayed up until after 4 a.m.! It's all a blur to me, which may be a good thing, but thank goodness Annie was here to supervise.

This morning we woke up at 8:30, and the girls were already up. We had donuts and they played games, painted nails, and rode a Hannah Montana beanbag down the stairs. The girls got picked up at 11 a.m., and Annie, Molly, and I went out for a girls' lunch at Chiles. We had a nice time. (Thanks, Annie!) Then, we came home, sat, and just enjoyed the quiet! Annie is having some health problems, too (Prayers would be appreciated.) -- So neither of us was feeling that great,

This afternoon Molly and I watched "The Bucket List" and the boys came home around 6 p.m. They had a good time riding their dirtbikes and go-kart and doing "boy things." Bill got the truck unloaded and we spent the evening cleaning them up and winding down from the weekend. I'll try to post pictures of the weekend later this week. But for now -- I'm off to bed so that I'm ready for the week.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: