Facebook Badge

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TUESDAY WITH GRANDMA AND GRANDPA:-)

Hi Friends!

Bill took the day off of work and I, as usual, had a difficult time waking up. I tried to get up at noon when he called my parents and told them to come over. But it didn't quite happen, and I went back to bed until they actually showed up an hour or so later. Nate and Isaac were playing with their friend, Matt, and couldn't wait to introduce him to their grandparents. Molly and Cam and Bill and I hung out with Grandma and Grandpa for a while. Then we decided to go for a drive.

We drove my parents out to some land that we're about to own. Yes, you heard it here. We're in escrow on 40 acres of beautiful Malibu mountain wilderness. We are supposed to close on it on April 9th. Hopefully, that will happen -- but the seller has been very flaky and keeps changing the terms and conditions. So, we're proceeding with caution and hoping for the best. It was a challenging hike for my parents and me (with my health issues) as the land is very rugged. But they got to see it.

After viewing the land, we had dinner at Neptune's Net, which is right down the road. And then we walked across the PCH to see the beach. On the way home, we showed my parents some more of the Oxnard sights, including Cameron's school -- Channel Islands High School. We got back home around 7:30 and my parents headed back to their hotel. Bill has fallen asleep on our bed, and the kids are playing Wii and/or watching TV. I just finished checking my e-mail and FaceBook and doing my daily Bible reading. I have a few more things to do around the house and then I'm going to go to bed. Good News -- I finally finished all the Las Vegas laundry. I feel like I should win the Mom of the Year award:-) Tomorrow the 2 new mattresses for Nate and Isaac and the new headboard for Molly are being delivered. Not sure what else we have planned for tomorrow... so stay tuned to find out!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: