Facebook Badge

Monday, March 29, 2010

SUNDAY AND MONDAY AT HOME :-)

Hi Friends!

I had great visions of waking up in time on Sunday to go to church, but I slept through my alarm and woke up at noon. Las Vegas was fun, but it really tired me out. I'm having some issues walking due to hip,knee,and ankle pain. And my meds are making me very sick to my stomach and tired since I stopped the steroids (which used to counteract those side effects with mania and hunger)!

So, we had a lot to do on Sunday -- or should I say Bill had a lot to do on Sunday -- because, as we all know -- he is SuperMan. He went grocery shopping and went to buy new beds and mattresses for 3 of the kids. Nate and Isaac needed mattresses and Molly needed a new headboard. She also needs a dresser -- but we ran out of time for that. I mostly spent yesterday and today on laundry. 6 people x 8 days with no washer or dryer = TOO MUCH laundry! I'd say I have about 5 loads left and I'm hoping to finish tonight or tomorrow morning!!!

Last night we invited my parents over for dinner. They are visiting from Wisconsin this week and staying at a hotel in Camarillo. Bill made a very nice dinner for everyone. Unfortunately, I really was not feeling well -- so I spent most of the evening in bed. My Mom brought me a beautiful prayer shawl made by people at her church. I will wear it when I'm feeling really sick or doing chemo, etc -- and it will remind me of all the people all over the U.S. who are praying for me.

Today Bill had to go to work. But the kids are still on Spring Break. We all slept in. I got up around noon, did some more laundry and household chores -- and then the kids and I went over to Mom and Dad's hotel. They have a pool there. So the kids went swimming and Mom and I put our feet in the hot tub and watched them. After a few hours, Bill met up with us and we all had dinner at McDonald's. Then we all went our own ways -- Mom and Dad went back to the hotel, I took the kids home, and Bill went to our quarterly home school meeting at 1st Baptist in Thousand Oaks and then to pick up Bingo at the Malone's in Simi Valley. (We ran out of time to pick up Bingo yesterday -- luckily, the Malone's are very understanding friends:-) Tomorrow Mom and Dad are going to come over in the afternoon, and we'll show them around the neighborhood and city of Oxnard.

More tomorrow...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: