Facebook Badge

Saturday, March 6, 2010

NOT-SO SUNNY SATURDAY:-)

Hi Friends,

Friday after blogging, Bill came back with the kids and we homeschooled until about 5 p.m., since we had gotten a late start. Cameron also got his two flu shots after school -- so our family is now completely covered, and hopefully I won't catch the flu since I probably couldn't fight it off. I was able to get a flu shot while in the hospital -- but not the live one, and I couldn't get the H1N1 or it would have shocked my non-existant immune system. But then of course, I've had the pneumonia shot, and I still got pneumonia 3 times in the last 2 years. So nothing is for sure! And it is what it is! (I know -- I'm feeling deep today!)

Last night Bill made home-made pizza for dinner and it was very tasty. We also had a healthy salad, and Bill even made me a margarita
:-) It was a lovely dinner, and I went to bed shortly after it. I had been trying to take a nap all day, and had never made it to bed -- so I decided to just go to bed early. That worked out well. And I slept in until 9 a.m., with only a few wake-ups in the night for pain meds.

This morning, Nate, Isaac, and I were the first ones up. So, I coached the boys and they made french toast and scrambled eggs with cheese. By the time we finished making it, it was more like brunch, but we had fun, learned something, and Cameron and Molly were amazed that their little brothers made breakfast. The rest of the morning was spent doing chores and around the house.

This afternoon, Bill took Molly and Nate to the park by the fountain (with a big grassy area) to play baseball. Isaac and Cameron elected to stay home and watch TV. I went to the park, too, and walked. So, hurray for me! My goal was to walk 6 days a week for exercise, and I actually did it this week!

After that, Molly and I went to the Oxnard Library. That is our usual Saturday outing to get reading materials and educational supplies for the homeschoolers! The Oxnard Library is really great -- by far the best public library I've seen in our area. I checked out 4 books: the first one has the funniest title : "Be Happy or I'll Scream, My Deranged Quest for the Perfect Husband, Family, and Life," by Sheri Lynch. Gotta love the title, right?! I also got "Little Bee," by Chris Cleave (on audibook for my bad days!), "Last Words," by George Carlin, and "The Girl in the Green Sweater," by Krystyna Chiger. I'll let you know how my books are, because I know a lot of you are readers, too! And, of course -- we got a bunch of stuff for the kids. Right now, Nate is into Eragon, Molly's is into Judy Blume, and Isaac is doing Easy Readers, which are very cute! We also checked out animal DVDs as we'll be doing an animal unit for science this week to fit into our trip to the zoo next Saturday -- a belated family activity for Cam's birthday! And Cam has been checking out Charlie Brown comic books. I also got him the Cliff's Notes for "Great Gatsby," which he's reading in his English class.

So, we spent probably two hours at the library. As we got home -- it was really starting to rain. Bill left to recycle and grocery shop. And I'm checking FaceBook, doing my blog, and my daily Bible readings now. After all that -- I'll either nap or read or listen to one of my library books.
Molly has 2 friends over right now -- she's such a little social butterfly! And the boys are all doing their own things.

I can hear Bill, so I'm going to go check on him. I'll write more tomorrow. We'll go to church in the morning, and in the afternoon we have some friends from Simi Valley (The Fields') coming over to visit. They'll hang out at our house for a while, and then we're planning to do dinner at TGI Fridays.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: