Facebook Badge

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BUSY DAY:-)

Hi Friends,

Today was double donut day for Cameron. Every Wednesday, Bill takes him to school for late day and drops him off at Spudnuts where he buys donuts/chocolate milk for breakfast. And then he walks over to school. That helps them both because Bill always seems to have a early morning meeting on Wednesday when Cameron has time to burn. And then tonight Bill was picking him up afterschool, since I had 2:00 dental appointments for Nate and Molly in Simi valley. And he told Cam to meet him at Spudnuts again and have a donut while he waited!

As for the rest of us, we got up this morning and did our household chores and Bible reading. We had breakfast and did some homeschooling. And then we went over to the fountain path where Nate and Isaac skateboarded and Molly and I walked the trail. By the time we finished that -- it was time to head home, eat lunch, and get ready to drive to Simi Valley.

We left at around 1:30 and stopped in Moorpark on the way to pick up some Freecycle clothes for Isaac. Then we continued on to Judi's house where we talked to her for a few minutes (hadn't seen her in almost 7 months), and dropped off Isaac to play with Will and the other kids. Just Nate and Molly had appointments today to get the last of their cavities filled. That took about 2 hours, and thank goodness -- Annie showed up to hang out with me and deliver me a Double Big Gulp.

We got back to Judi's house around 4 and stayed to chat until 4:30. But then we really needed to leave for home as Nate and Molly have their Church Youth Group on Wednesday nights. We stopped at 7-11 for dinner. YUM YUM! I filled up my Big Gulp again, and the kids got slurpees, hotdogs, chips, taquitos, etc. Very healthy, I know -- but it got the dinner job done.

It was raining and there was lots of traffic. We got home at around 6 p.m. I'm loving the GPS on my new phone, though. It warns you of excessive traffic and gives you the chance to detour it. For example, today I exited the 101 and took Rice to the 118 -- much less traffic!

The church kids had to change into yellow clothes, because they're on the yellow team. Why couldn't we be blue or green, something easier? And Isaac tried on all of his new clothes. He was very pleased with himself and having a grand time. And then Grandma Lu called and really made his day. He loves his new phone, but he doesn't feel he gets enough phone calls. I told him we just need to get his phone number out there to the rest of his friends and family!

Bill just brought the kids home, and I am going to get off the computer and get started on bedtime. Who should I put to bed first -- me or the kids? Me is sounding pretty good right now!!!

More tomorrow...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: