Facebook Badge

Friday, March 5, 2010

THURSDAY AND FRIDAY!!!

Hi Friends,

I just realized that I didn't blog yesterday, so I will check in quickly with you before heading over to the park. Molly, Nate, and Isaac are there playing baseball. I am going to watch them play and do my daily walk at the same time. The cleaners just left, and Bill just came back with the kids. He took the 3 homeschoolers to get their flu shots -- important more for me than them. Because if I catch the flu, I have no immune system to fight it off. Anyway, he did that while the cleaners were here. The kids did well, although Molly really doesn't like shots! And they went for ice cream at Dairy Queen for a reward afterwards. Bill will take Cameron for the shots after school today. While they were gone, my home nurse also came and I did some household stuff -- laundry, e-mail, FaceBook, petcare, etc.

Yesterday I was not feeling well. Going down on the steroids hasn't gone as well as we hoped it would. I made it all the way from 60 mg a day to 20 mg. but --When I went down from 20 mg. to 15 mg -- I had the severe headache and chest pain back. So, I talked to Dr. Cohen today and we will still taper down on the steroids, but do it slower. So, I'm back up to 20 mg. for 5 more days, then down to 17.5 mg, etc.

So, really yesterday, I just tried to survive the lupus pain and still be a wife and homeschooling Mom. We got a reasonable amount of work done and even picked up some more clothes from Freecycle. We hit a new 7-11. Hurray for 44 oz of soda to help my energy and headaches:-) And wouldn't you know, Cameron came home with a huge geography project that he needed help with -- it was 16 pages long. We did it, though!

But other than that -- yesterday is a blur due to pain and the subsequent pain meds. Hoping today is better:-) I will write more tomorrow....
Off to the park and the baseball game!
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: