Facebook Badge

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TERRIFIC TUEDAY/WHINEY WEDNESDAY....

Hi Friends,

Well, let's start with yesterday which was a fantastic day of vacationing in Las Vegas! We slept in until about noon. Then the kids and I spent the afternoon at the pool and hot tub outside. Bill had to work most of the day. He came back to the hotel room around 3:30. He and the kids walked down to the McDonald's in the food court here and got them dinner. They have a deal where you can get 50 chicken nuggets for $10. So, add a 4 sodas and 4 fries and we had a fairly inexpensive dinner for the kids.

Bill and I went to a social for the MPUC convention at 5:00. It was a nice affair, and there was good food and good drinks! We went around to all the booths and there were lots of freebies to pick up for the kids -- toy airplanes, posters, water bottles, etc.

After spending a few hours there socializing -- we stopped back up in the room to check on the kids. Then we went and had a few drinks did a LITTLE gambling. I found my lucky butterfly slot machine and made a profit of $44. I put in $20 and when I got up to $64, I cashed out. Bill played $20 on video poker but he lost rather than won! Oh well, we had fun -- and we still came out ahead.

We stopped at Haagen Daaz for ice cream cones for the kids on our way back up to the room. The kids were thrilled. It was about 11 p.m., so we gave them their ice creams, and then they went to bed.

All in all -- yesterday was a fantastic day. Today, unfortunately was not! Bill left for work early. I woke up at about 10 a.m. with a severe headache, unable to walk, and was vomiting. Not fun! The kids were good and took care of me until Bill got done with work. I think I just have been doing too much here in Vegas, and my body was telling me today that it needed me to stop. So, I had no choice but to spend the day in bed.

When Bill got done with work today, he and the kids went to the grocery store (we like to have breakfast and lunch in the room and eat out for dinner) and to McDonald's for lunch. Then this evening, he, Molly, Nate, and Isaac went to see the Human Body Exhibit and to the New York New York Roller Coaster. That was our original plan for today, except that I was going to come along. So I was kind of disappointed to miss out. Cameron didn't want to go, and he had planned to stay behind. So, he and I are hanging out at the hotel together tonight. It's nice and quiet. My headache is not as bad -- it's tolerable. And I have stopped vomiting, so that's good -- I even managed to keep down my medicine, some liquids, and a granola bar. My body is still very sore -- so I'll probably be confined to my wheelchair for the rest of the trip. Oh well, that's why we brought it!

Tomorrow we have tickets to the Cirque du Soleil (sp?) show, Ka. I'm really looking forward to it -- so please pray for my health!! And on Friday, we are going to spend the day at the hotel doing the Lazy River, which is only open on the weekends during this time of the year. We are also hoping to do the CSI Experience, which is here in the MGM Grande where we are staying. And, of course -- the kids are all looking forward to buying souveneirs.

Bill and the 3 younger kids must be having a good time as they are still not back. I am going to go now and give Cam the netbook as he has been waiting patiently for it.

More tomorrow...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: