Facebook Badge

Monday, December 28, 2009

I NEED RITALIN TO KEEP UP WITH THE KIDS...

Hi Friends!

Seriously -- I didn't get around to blogging yesterday, because I slept most of the day. So, this morning I called Dr. Cohen. I'm going in for bloodwork tomorrow. Then if nothing weird is going on in the bloodwork, which might explain the non-stop fatigue -- he'll prescribe a stimulant to keep me awake during the day. It's not like I want to be on another drug, but sleeping all the time leaves me little time to spend with my family. I had to laugh because Nate's latest poem started with, "My mom likes to nap, and when I was little I sat on her lap." I don't want to be remembered as a Mom who slept all the time.

Today we all got up around 10 a.m. -- gotta love time off from school:-} Poor Bill had already left for work. We spent most of the day playing on the Wii Fit. I am doing yoga and I think I may have overdone it today as I am already sore. They also have some fun balance games on it for me -- challenging due to the damage done by lupus to my nervous system. After I did the balance tests -- the Wii told me that my balance age was 54! I tried not to take it personally since I have a disability. However, if I'm ever stopped by the police -- I'll need a breathalizer test to prove I'm not drunk.

I'm up in Isaac and Nate's room typing this on Isaac's netbook once again. He's taking a bath, and he doesn't like to be upstairs by himself. It's also convenient for me to be up here as I'm working on laundry and the laundry room is across the hall. In fact, I can hear the dryer buzzing at me...so I'll sign off and get going on the clean clothes. It tends to pile up around here. But the kids are good with helping me do it. They just need friendly reminders or they would wait until there was no clean clothes left.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: