Facebook Badge

Monday, December 14, 2009

CURRENT LIST OF MEDS...

Hi Friends!

It's me again. People have been asking what type of meds I take. So, I thought I'd give you my daily med list.

1. Boniva (monthly for osteoporosis due to treatment with steroids)
2. Clonazepam (for anxiety caused by my illness)
3. Nexium ( to treat my ulcer)
4. Norvasc (for Raynaud's--poor circulation in hands/feet)
5. Oxybutynin (for bladder problems from recurrent UTIs)
6. Pristiq (anti-depressant -- lupus is depressing, need I say more?)
7. Plaquenil (for lupus)
8. Savella (for fibromyalgia)
9. Vitamin D (because I'm not allowed to see the sun)
10. Calcium (for above-mentioned osteoporosis)
11. Prednisone (steroid for lupus)
12. Macrobid (antibiotic to keep UTIs away)
13. Ambien (sleeping pill)
14. Biotin (for lupus skin/hair issues)
15. Potassium (my levels are always low)
16. Vitamin B (levels always low, too.)
17. Propranolol ( for fast heartrate)
18. Lasix (for swelling at joints)
19. Zofran (for nausea from all these meds)
20. Tramadol (for headaches -- also can be caused by these meds)
21. Vicodin (when Tramadol doesn't work for headaches)
22. Omega 3 (for heart issues)
23. Vitamin E (for heart issues)

And I'll be starting CellCept (anti-rejection drug, experimental for lupus to keep my immune system in check) soon...just a day in the life of me... my current diagnoses are: Central Nervous System Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Depression/Anxiety (I wonder why?!), Chronic Urinary/Kidney Infections, Chronic Headaches, Raynaud's Syndrome, Ulcer.

What I try to do is focus on the positive. I'm glad there are meds out there to fix me, even if it takes SO MANY!!!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: