Facebook Badge

Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE !!!

Hi Friends!

I don't know if I'll make it until midnight tonight, but the kids are excited about staying up late! We had a nice day today. I woke everyone up at 10 a.m. -- and they thought that was too early!
We got ready and went to the Carnegie Art Museum here in Oxnard. It is a nice little museum and was not busy at all. In fact, we were the only people there. We had the entire museum to ourselves. The kids all got really into it -- especially Molly and Isaac who were sketching their own pictures based on what they saw.

The museum was in a sort of town square -- so we stopped at Starbuck's afterwards for coffee and hot chocolate. We then headed home as the cleaners were coming at 3 p.m.

It was very nice to have the house cleaned, and Nate made out well. The cleaners found his missing GameBoy lodged in between Cameron's mattress and bedframe. Nate had searched just about everywhere for it.

In other exciting news, Cameron's Pokemon game for the Wii came today. It was delayed in the mail, so he received a picture of it for Christmas. The kids were thrilled and they've been playing that since we got home.

I did some organizing of my homeschooling materials. Bill went to Simi Valley. He needed to go to a bank there for the Boy Scouts. He was still the only one authorized to sign checks, and they needed him to change that since he and Cam aren't doing Scouts anymore.

Bill just got home and is making a Mexican casserole for dinner. I just reserved tickets for the Getty Villa in Malibu for 10 a.m. on Saturday. Cameron went last year with his English class, and he's been begging to take the rest of his family. I had promised him we'd go over summer, but that didn't work out due to my chemo. So, now we can finally keep our promise to him.

I'll blog again next year:-)
2010 has got to be better than 2009 was for me!!!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: