Facebook Badge

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HELLO!!!

Hi Friends!

I seem to be blogging every-other day these days. I'm doing my best, but Christmas vacation just seems to be dashing by very quickly.

Yesterday, I drove into Thousand Oaks and got my bloodwork orders from Dr. Cohen. Then I went to the lab to get it done. Luckily, they were able to find a vein on the first try -- very unusual for me. I was really missing that PICC line and the home nurses though. It was much nicer when they came to my house, took blood from the PICC line (no pain!), and then delivered it to the lab at St. John's in Oxnard for me. Oh well, those were the good old days, I guess. Instead, I was receiving phone calls from Cam that the boys were fighting. He and Molly had to separate them. Molly took Nate to the park, and Cam and Isaac hung out at home. I paid them all with Slurpees and cookies from 7-11.

My entire body hurts after 3 days of working out with the Wii Fit, so I decided to take the day off. I'm also having a lot of trouble with my feet swelling -- doesn't seem to matter if I exercise or not. By about 4p.m. they have swollen up hugely. I already take Lasix and may need to increase my dosage. We'll see what my doctor says -- I have an appointment to see Dr. Cohen in 2 weeks -- that's when the bloodtest results should be back. So, either we'll have an answer or I'll start on a stimulant to keep me awake during the day.

Bill brought home Chinese food for dinner tonight, so everyone was happy. The kids and I just finished cleaning up their rooms. We had to make a path for the cleaners who are coming tomorrow. They didn't come last week because they come on Fridays and that was Christmas. So, by this week the house really needs a cleaning!

Bill took tomorrow off. We're planning to go to the Carnegie Art Museum here in Oxnard on a little field trip. I think it's time to drag the kids away from the Wii.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: