Facebook Badge

Monday, January 19, 2009

SUNDAY/MONDAY

Hi Friends!

We are all still sick. Cameron and Molly are the worst. They are hacking up mucous everywhere, which is quite gross! Yesterday, Nate threw up all over me and the sofa and his bed, so Bill turned into Mr. Clean and has been disinfecting everywhere. However, as of today -- Nate says he is cured. Isaac, too, seems better. Right now he is at the doctor's with Bill for a recheck. He is having chest and arm X-rays. Hopefully, it goes well, and then he won't have to wear his cast anymore.

Yesterday we went to Judi's for Heather's 6th birthday party. (All except Cam who was way too sick to leave the house!) We had fun, and it was good for the kids to get out as they've been cooped up in our sick house for too long! They got to use up all their excess energy in the Jumper. I, however, made the mistake of eating chocolate cake. I thought it might be OK since I had eaten oreos this week without getting a headache. But it didn't work out well for me, and I got the headache from hell! I tried Vicodin and every type of sleeping pill I had -- but I couldn't sleep last night because the pain was too severe! Finally, my sweet husband rubbed my head like a baby until I fell asleep. I don't know what I'd do without him, because the pain was so bad I was on the verge of crying which is never helpful!

I got to sleep around 2 a.m. and Bill let me sleep in until noon today. I then got up and had to take my morning and noon pills/supplements -- which was 28 pills. So, that was fun. My head is still killing me, but I'm going to fake it until I make it today. It seems sometimes that if you focus on the pain or try to rest -- it just makes it worse.

So, I'm planning to help the kids clean up their rooms today. We need to change sheets and disinfect the sickly rooms. Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr. Cohen, and Bill is going to take me. Annie is still here. She's been a big help to us as usual, but she is scheduled for her own surgery on Wednesday. So, we'll have to let her leave eventually!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: