Facebook Badge

Thursday, January 8, 2009

ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY, I HOPE!

Hi Friends!

I'm starting to feel a bit better with the Zofran (anti-nauseau meds) and Ultram (new pain med for my kidneys and head). The big news is that I've kept some food down. Yesterday I managed two bananas and a Jamba Juice (with bananas in it). Do you sense a theme? Yes, my potassium is low, so I'm supposed to eat lots of bananas. Today I ate a blueberry muffin for breakfast, so I'm off to a good start. Now, I'm just playing the waiting game with all my labs to see if I can do chemo on Monday.

Bill is working from home today, because he has a neurology appointment. Also, Nate has a doctor's appointment that Bill will take him to. So, he's doing work stuff in between. It's nice to have him home, though.

My dear friend and chemo buddy, Shirlene, just called and offered to bring us chicken for dinner tonight. So, once again I'm being well cared for.

Yesterday Bill went to Wal-Mart to pick up all my meds. They were out of my new anti-depressant and it won't be in until 2 p.m. today. I thought it was pretty funny, and I asked him why he didn't plead his case by saying how irritable and sad his wife was. So, he said he did tell the pharmacist he'd be back at the stroke of 2 p.m. I'll let you know if I become a lot happier with 2 anti-depressants rather than one.

I decided yesterday to try to be a bit more active and started doing some stuff around the house. Everyone keeps telling me to rest. I know it's important, but when I lay around I can't sleep because of the pain. So, if I putter around the house -- at least it seems to keep my mind occupied. But I'll have to be careful today with Bill around, because he likes to police my activity level!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: