Facebook Badge

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

HELLO!!

Hi Friends,

This will be very short, but I didn't want anyone to worry as I haven't posted for a while. I ended up with 2 kidney infections in a row, then I caught the flu. I hadn't kept anything down since Saturday. So, yesterday my doctor sent me to the ER to get bloodwork/testing and most importantly IV fluids. I went to see him today. I have a little more energy after the fluids, but still a horrible backache (kidney area) and blood in my urine. So, best case scenario -- it's just the flu and an antibiotic-resistant UTI/kidney infection. Worse case scenarios -- the lupus could be coming back or I may have kidney damage due to the Cytoxan. Not looking forward to the cystosocopy of my bladder -- they put a camera in there. Already had it done once.

Also, not sure if I'll be doing chemo next week due to possible infections. So, keep on praying. My doctor upped my anti-depressant today as I find the whole situation a bit unbearable!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: