Facebook Badge

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HOME SCHOOLING HEAVEN

Hi Friends!

Bill and I made the decision to home school the 2 youngest boys for now after the whole fiasco at Grace Brethren. We are using the ISP (independent study program) through 1st Baptist Church in Thousand Oaks. That is the same school we used last year for all 3 of the younger kids while home schooling. We made the decision with much prayer, and we did what we thought would be best for the kids. Starting at yet another new school this year wouldn't help with all the changes they've already been through. Nate has expressed fear that I am going to die and Isaac has experienced separation anxiety since my illness got worse -- so by being with me each day, we feel it will comfort them while easing their fears. They are both thrilled to be back at home. I have a lot of support from friends who are willing to help me with the schooling -- and I am feeling a bit better. So, I'm up for the challenge! Bill and I are going to use some of the money that we previously spent for tuition (and really couldn't afford) on housekeeping, etc. So, that way I won't be taking on more than I can handle.

Yesterday Nate, Isaac, and I did a field trip to the library, and we discussed what the boys are interested in learning about this year. Today we've done almost a full day of science. Also, I did some baseline testing to see where they are. For those of you who are unaware -- I spent 8 years teaching before giving it up to focus on raising our family. Cameron and Molly have Thursday and Friday off as it is now semester break for them. Also, Cam had finals this week. So, he's done at 12:20 each day this week. That makes for a quick day for him.

Tonight is Boy Scouts for Cam and Bill. They are having a Court of Honor. And tomorrow Bill is the featured speaker at the Men's Group Warrior Wednesday. Molly also has choir practice for church on Wednesday, and I have several appointment Thursday and Friday. So, it's shaping up to be a busy week. But I am no longer heartbroken and I have a renewed sense of purpose!
I am waiting for Molly to call. I promised her that when she was done with Math HIP (after-school math help) -- I would walk to meet her. Isaac is going to come with me on his bike. Annie is over playing cards with Nate, and they are having a good time. And the teen-ager, Cam, is watching TV as usual. But at least, he's into Animal Planet and educational shows!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: