Facebook Badge

Friday, January 23, 2009

SHAKING THE DUST OFF OUR FEET...Matthew 10:14,15



Hi Friends!

I haven't blogged for a while due to a saddening situation that has consumed us this week. I am truly disillusioned and broken-heartened. Shawnna, my sister-in-law, sent me the words of a song at the beginning of this month. It's called "Praise You Through the Storm." Shawnna -- I saved the words and I needed them today more than ever:

I was sure by now, God you would have reached down and wiped our tears away.
Stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say "Amen" and it's still raining.
And as the thunder roars I barely hear your whisper through the rain, "I'm with you..."
And as your mercy falls I pray to God who gives and takes away.
And I will praise you through the storm and I will lift my hands
You are who you are, no matter where I am.
And every tear I cry, you hold in your hand.
You never left my side.
Though my heart is torn,
I will praise you in this storm!

To make a long story short-- My kids have been sick (very, very sick -- high temperatures, horrible coughs, puking!) for the last 2 weeks. It's antibiotic-resistant, so several of the kids have been several different antibiotics. They have all missed tons of school, so I can only imagine the make-up work when they do go back! Also, I have now caught the illness and am on antibiotics and inhalers, too -- but we are all concerned due to my chemo-compromised immune sytem.

To top that off, we were forced to withdraw Nathaniel and Isaac from Grace Brethren today. I won't go into the details of what happened but I am beyond disappointed by how we were treated by "Godly" people. In a nutshell, you know how some non-Christians state that they wouldn't want to be Christian because they believe that Christians are judgmental, close-minded, hypocritical, cliquish, think that they are right and everyone else is wrong? Well, we met that kind of Christian at Grace Brethren and they asked us to leave the school. Please pray for wisdom and direction as we look for a new school for the boys. They are obviously confused by the situation as well! While Bill and I can behave in a Godly manner -- we can't control the actions of others.

It was raining today -- it seemed fitting! Bill went into work, and I decided to take my sickly children, my sickly neighbor (Annie), and my sickly self on a fun outing! So, sorry for exposing the rest of Simi Valley to us -- but it was necessary. I was depressed and the kids were all stir-crazy! So, we went to see Bedtime Story (which was at the $3 movie theater -- so score!) and we also had lunch at McDonald's. Then we ended it with a trip to our favorite spot ever -- 7-11 for Big Gulps and candy.

Bill is currently out in town picking up the 3 P's for us -- prescriptions, pizza, and paper plates.
I wanted something easy for dinner.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: