Facebook Badge

Friday, November 6, 2009

SORRY, IT'S BEEN A WHILE ...

Hi Friends,

Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged .. but after a month in the hospital (where we kept finding more and more wrong with me -- an ulcer, a bowel blockage, heart issues, etc.), a 3 day course of high-dose IV steroids and 2 very long chemo sessions (think 6 hours each), my body has just been wiped out. I started the week sleeping almost constantly and then moved on to puking almost constantly. Trust me, the sleeping part is better. I know that lots of you were calling, e-mailing, etc, -- but my my strength was gone. I have basically been in bed since the hospital stay 2 weeks ago. I had Bill's Mom out to to help , and then Lisa and her girls (Claire and Sarah) came for a long weekend, so the company was nice and they were a big help. I know that the kids and Bill really enjoyed having them here, but sometimes it was sad for me because I felt like I was sleeping through all the fun. Lisa says she has some cute pictures of Halloween, so I'll definitely post then when I get them. The kids all got to trick-or-treat in our new neighborhood, which is very child-friendly.

Bill was in China Lake on business from Tuesday-Thursday of this week. He came back this afternoon and I'm definitely glad he's back. There was talk of him staying another day for more business, but I really needed some TLC. The kids were doing their best -- but they are still just kids. Although Cam was really sad to miss out on 3 days of school and help out with the homeschoolers! Just kiding, of course he was thrilled.

I'll try to get back to blogging again more frequently. Please pray for my health -- specifically that my throwing up would stop, and that we could get my blood sugar levels under control. They are WAY too high.

Love,
Michele

No comments: