Facebook Badge

Friday, November 27, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING :-)

Hello Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a wonderful day. We had a relaxing and laid-back holiday. I am finally starting to feel better with my pneumonia. I had my last IV yesterday, and so hopefully the bad stomach side-effects (strong IV antibiotics are hard on your systems) will go away soon. My cough is completely now, and I'm just feeling very run-down. But Dr. Cohen called to check on me, and he said it can take up to 6 months to completely recover from pneumonia, especially with my blood counts being off due to the chemo.

Our family chef, Bill, decided that we'd go to HomeTown Buffet for dinner today. That was very nice. We got a lot of good food (including turkey and ham) for a very low price, and we didn't have to do any work or mess up our kitchen. Everyone was very happy, and we had a good time!

I thought you might enjoy the pictures we took today. As you can see I'm very puffy again. That's due to all the high-dose steroids I've been on recently. Kind of depressing, but hopefully we can start to taper down the steroids soon.

Much Love,
Michele












No comments: