Facebook Badge

Friday, November 13, 2009

PNEUMONIA AGAIN :-(

Hi Friends!

Sorry -- again it's been awhile. But I have a good excuse. I woke up on Monday with a horrible cough and chest pain. On Tuesday, I went to see Dr. Cohen and had a chest Xray to verify that I once again have pneumonia. He sent me to see Dr. Nathan -- the infectious disease doctor who would decide what to do with me. I am getting antibiotics orally and by IV for the next 7 days. The home health care nurse was able to train Bill to give the IV antibiotics through my PICC line. So, that was convenient. Hopefully, this course of treatment will work, because I feel really crummy.

And, of course, yesterday was my 39th birthday. My family treated me like a princess even though I spent most of the day in bed. I received 2 beautiful rings. One is heart-shaped from Isaac, and one is a mother's ring with all of our birthstones on it from the rest of the family. I also received a pretty new outfit -- brown pants, rust-colored shirt and leather jacket. And Bill's parents and my parents both sent me surprises! So, thanks to everyone!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: