Facebook Badge

Friday, November 27, 2009

DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING !!!





Hi Friends!
Today was a busy day. Bill has really turned into me, and he left the house at 2:30 a.m. to go Christmas shopping at Best Buy. I can't say what he got, because my older children often read this blog. But he got some good deals and was happy, but very cold and tired when he arrived home around 7 a.m.
I woke the kids up at 10 a.m. as the housecleaners were coming, and they needed to pick up in their rooms, so that it would be possible for the cleaners to dust, vacuum, etc. -- you know, clear a path was needed:-) We got that and all of our chores accomplished this morning, and it is nice to have a clean house again even though it probably won't last long.
After the cleaners left and we had lunch, Bill and I left the kids at home while we did some errands. We needed to return overdue library books, go to Walgreen's, and I was desperate to get my haircut. Finding someplace that was open for haircuts today was a challenge, but I got it done. I was able to get my hair cut into a cute bob, so I'm thrilled to have enough hair to do that again. I didn't seem to lose too much from my last two rounds of Rituxan. Anyway, you can see pictures of my new haircut above. It is basically the way I used to wear my hair (pre-lupus) only I have managed to grow out my bangs.
The picture of me wearing the mask is to demonstrate what I look like when I go outside. I am feeling better, and I want to start exercising again, but I'm not taking any chances. So, after errands today when I got home -- I took Molly, Nate, and Isaac to the park. I wore the mask while I did my walking. And I bought a box of 50, so I will continue to do that to hopefully keep the pneumonia away.
I also included pictures of my birthday rings. The heart one is the one Isaac bought me. It's pink and quite lovely. And the other one is a family ring that Bill gave me. It has all of our birthstones and names listed on the ring.
Right now Bill just woke up from a nap, and he is going to make dinner. I think I'll see if he wants help.
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: