Facebook Badge

Monday, November 23, 2009

BEGINNINGS OF A THANKFUL WEEK :-)

Hi Friends!

I don't want to jinx myself, but I think the pneumonia may be going away. I hope...I hope...I hope! I am on Day 13 of IV antibiotics, but this has been a very resistant infection. And, of course, since we've killed my immune system (that seemed like a good idea because lupus is caused by an over-active immune system!) I am unable to fight even the simplest germ off!

But today, Bill actually allowed me to drive the truck. I haven't done that for at least a month. Mostly, because I take a lot of pain medications. (narcotics) So, I had to suck it up today and I took Molly, Nate, and Isaac to Simi Valley for dental appointments. I hadn't made an appointment for Cameron, because I didn't realize he had this whole week off of school. So, he got to stay home and enjoy the quiet.

We made it to the dentist by 10 a.m., and we discovered all the kids have cavities. Molly and Isaac each have 3, and Nathaniel has 7. So, it'll probably take the next 6 months to get all of the fillings done. At first, I was really upset -- but then I considered how much I've been sick and/or in the hospital over the last 6 months. And I decided tooth brushing probably wasn't a priority at our house. Oh well! We'll get the kids fixed up and do better next time.

We met Annie at Carl's Jr. for lunch. It was nice to see her as we hadn't seen her for quite awhile. I have honestly been home-bound for the last few weeks.

I had to be back home to Oxnard by 2:30 p.m. because my nurse was coming to change the dressing on my PICC line and draw blood from it. That is done weekly. She arrived early and was waiting on my front porch at 2 when I got home.

After my Simi outing and then the nurse, I needed a nap. And then the kids and I did some housework and just hung around the house. I even had enough energy to Saran wrap (can't get wet!) my PICC line and take a bath. After that Bill came home and made dinner. And we're just having a quiet evening.

Much Love,
Michele

------------------------------

THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR...

1. I'm not in the hospital.
2. My warm fireplace on a cold night.
3. My dear husband cooking dinner every night and grocery shopping weekly.
4. Itty Bitty the crazy kitty.
5. Cameron being off of school this week.
6. Molly's fashion sense.
7. Nate's energy.
8. A heart ring that Isaac spent $25 of his own allowance money on for my birthday.
9. My PICC line -- take all the blood you want, it doesn't hurt!
10. I now have enough hair that I'm considering a haircut and a real hairstyle!

No comments: