Facebook Badge

Monday, February 2, 2009

MONDAY!!!

Hi Friends!

Sorry -- I've been lazy about blogging for the last couple of days. I'm still getting back into the home-schooling swing of things with Nate and Isaac. It's fun -- but it does keep me busy!

This weekend Cam and Bill went to Boy Scout winter camp. They both had a really fun time. The other kids and I had a quiet weekend at home -- especially since we were left without a vehicle. We did a ton of decluttering and sorting through our junk -- and hopefully our trash is someone else's treasures. Our house looks much better, because you can't organize clutter. The entire front porch is filled with garbage bags for the Salvation Army to pick up tomorrow.

Today we got Cameron and Molly off to school and Bill off to work. Nate and Isaac worked really hard on their schoolwork, and they finished up by late morning. It's so nice to have them home again, and it really is a simpler life! We then had an appointment with Nate's new therapist in Agoura Hills. Nate is very sensitive and close to me. My illness has hit him hard, and he has expressed a fear that I am going to die. So, we felt he needed someone to talk to. He'll see Dr. Barrus every 2 weeks for as long as he needs/wants to.

After that, we went out for lunch. Upon coming home, I worked around the house, and Nate and Isaac did some building in the garage. Typical boys -- they constructed a "lay-n-ride." It's like a sit-n-spin. They attached wheels to a 6 foot piece of plywood, and used 3 bungee cords as seatbelts (safety first, of course!), and they nailed (yes, I said nailed!) a pillow on for your head. Then they had me come out while they tested it like crash dummies. It's a pretty good design and gets going quite fast! I really had to watch them in order to keep them from rolling out into the street.

Cam and Molly started their second semesters of middle/high school today. Neither of them had much homework, so we spent some time after school playing board games and card games. Then Will and Heather (from next door) came over to play while I made dinner.

I don't know where the evening went, but it's gone. We did dinner, baths, and I made some baked goods for my doctor. I had made him some Christmas cookies in December, but I forgot them at home. So, I have an appointment tomorrow, and this time I'm determined to remember the chocolate chip cookies and blueberry muffins that I made him. I really do appreciate what a great doctor he is!

So, tomorrow is the big day. My appointment is at 8:30. The boys and Bill are going with me. We will be making the big decision on whether to stop or continue my chemo after February's treatment (#6). I pray that we will make the right decision.

More tomorrow ...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: